Question regarding driving record

I want to become a package car driver but I received a ticket for running/rolling through a stop sign the other day. My question is, will this disqualify me from becoming a driver? I heard your driving record has to be clean for the last 1 year from any accident / moving violations. Some people told me it must be clean for the last 3 years. What do I do? How long do I have to wait before I am allowed to become a driver? Any information would be very appreciated. Thank You.

By the way my location that I work in is in New York (Stop sign ticket is a moving violation where I'm at) This is my first traffic violation. (Besides parking tickets.)

See if you can get the ticket reduced to a non-moving violation.
The problem about fighting the ticket is that when he pulled me over, he asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over and I basically replied yes, for not completely stopping at the stop sign. Don't they always write down what you say or something like that and use it against you if you try to fight it in court?

I just don't want to hire a lawyer and end up losing the case either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem about fighting the ticket is that when he pulled me over, he asked me if I knew why he was pulling me over and I basically replied yes, for not completely stopping at the stop sign. Don't they always write down what you say or something like that and use it against you if you try to fight it in court?

I just don't want to hire a lawyer and end up losing the case either.

They ask you questions like that to determine your mental state at the time of the incident and to see if you may be driving impaired. They don't write that down as there is no place on the violation for "customer comments".

You should have no problem getting that ticket reduced to a non-moving violation.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I had the same 5 yrs ago. At the hearing . Talk to the ticket issuing cop, plea it down to a "icau " I think it was. It is erased after 6 months. As long as you have no more tickets. Be honest with them. Say what a ticket would do

72.4783%

The tooth fairy.

Talk to a steward that's what they are there for.

Are you even a ups employee? If so how long? The wait in some building to become a driver can be a decade or more
About 6 months, the building I'm currently working in is a brand new building & I started working here when this building opened so a couple other co workers and I that joined when the building opened have the most seniority.

Do you
I had the same 5 yrs ago. At the hearing . Talk to the ticket issuing cop, plea it down to a "icau " I think it was. It is erased after 6 months. As long as you have no more tickets. Be honest with them. Say what a ticket would do
Do you really think this would work?