Question regarding package handling

Luddyf

First off, hello! Pleasure to find your corner of the internet.

So today I got a visit from a man in brown. Long story short, he walked my package to my front door. From half a mile out. apparently his truck had broken down, and so he just picked up the packages to the area he was heading and flat walked them out. Which was just unspeakably awesome.

Anyhow, I did some digging and found the address for the local distribution(?) center and I wrote a letter to them. But before I send it I want to know what the policy is on leaving a truck unattended? I would love to send a thank you letter to them, but I don't want to risk getting him fired for it, if there's something in the policy that's against it.

So, if someone could be so kind, what's the jazz on an unattended truck? Thanks!

rod

Retired 22 years
As long as he had pulled the key out of the ignition and had the rear door and the bulkhead door locked he should be good to go.

ExupserNaples

Its perfectly fine as long as the bulkhead door is closed and he had the keys with him. Plus since it was broken down everything should be fine as far as sending that gratitude letter.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like you have a great UPS driver. I once broke down and a customer gave me his new pickup to use for delivery for 2 hours while UPS was getting a different truck to me. :peaceful:

Luddyf

HA! That's just awesome!

Yea, its a small town, and there are three drivers here who ride up everyday from about 60 miles away. they're great people, every one of them.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I think its nice to just have good customers like you. I'm sure your driver would be glad to hear that you think of him this way too! Sure is nice to feel appreciated by someone other than your wife and kids!

Luddyf

Ah man, how could I not appreciate the UPS guys? I mean, I trust them with the well being of some very precious things – and time and time again, they reinforce the trust I have in them. Seems a little corny, but still.

I just wish the cost of shipping was a little lower ^.^

To answer your question, I'm from Colorado.

brownrodster

If I were you I would leave any details out of the letter. Simply send a letter thanking your driver for his outstanding service. No stories or anything.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Last edited:
R

Red Green

I had a customer call in a thank you for delivering her package during peak. Her lane was snowed shut so I walked it from 1 block over through her back yard. center manager and sups gave me the thank you next morning before disbatch and said compliments are rare. I just wanted to get rid of 3 QVC's .

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I had a customer call in a thank you for delivering her package during peak. Her lane was snowed shut so I walked it from 1 block over through her back yard. center manager and sups gave me the thank you next morning before disbatch and said compliments are rare. I just wanted to get rid of 3 QVC's .

Thank God there are good people out there!

Mike Hawk

I have one street on one of my trucks that gets 10-15 QVC each day, it’s like these women have QVC ordering contests. I told my driver he should try to hook up with one of these rich ladies, then he wouldn’t have to drive the package car all day.
:happy-very:

cino321

Sounds like you have a great UPS driver. I once broke down and a customer gave me his new pickup to use for delivery for 2 hours while UPS was getting a different truck to me. :peaceful:

I once broke down and punched out at 10:20 at night.