Question what year did UPS-branded socks first come into existence?

texan

They came out with the shorts?
shortsimages.jpg

Johney

I remember having to buy the shorts and socks together. I'll never forget the first guy getting them. It's like we were looking at an alien. The socks had the stripe instead of the logo.

jaker

trolling
I gave up on the socks , I have spent 100 bucks on them over the years and I don't have one left to put over my fire place

Right now I wear low cut black ones , but I have a backup plan if the man comes down on me

I pick up some brown clothes dye to turn white comfortable socks into brown ones

Necropostophiliac

I gave up on the socks , I have spent 100 bucks on them over the years and I don't have one left to put over my fire place

Right now I wear low cut black ones , but I have a backup plan if the man comes down on me

I pick up some brown clothes dye to turn white comfortable socks into brown ones

You would have to dye them Pullman Brown. :happy-very:

As a Necro look what I found:

Why Brown?
Soderstrom is responsible for the famous UPS Brown as the company’s standard color. With the first Model T Ford painted
red, it stood out. However, an advertising man told Jim Casey that yellow was the most conspicuous color, so they painted
the second car yellow as they wanted to be conspicuous.
They had different schools of thought when it came to painting the third car, Jim Casey recalled. If they painted
it a third color, perhaps the public might think they had a great many more vehicles than they actually had.
The other idea was to paint them all the same color to create a standard fleet. After much discussion, Casey
remembered, they decided to adopt the conspicuous yellow as the standard color for the fleet.

Soderstrom knew how the department stores would react to the bright yellow fleet and was appalled
when he learned of that decision. He explained that the department stores saw their own vehicles as a form
of advertising. For the stores to disband their own fleets and turn their parcels over to a company
like Merchants Parcel Delivery, they would want the change to be subtle and scarcely noticed.

He argued for a much more conservative color. The other partners, once empowered with that new
viewpoint, agreed.

Soderstrom, in looking for the proper conservative color, discussed the dilemma with an old
carriage painter named Charlie Place. Place told him about the recent experiments run by a railroad
sleeper-car company named Pullman. Pullman wanted their rail cars to look as clean as possible even
when out on the tracks subject to the elements of rain, snow and dust.

Their experiments resulted in Pullman Brown, a distinctive color that blended well with the dirt.

So the first Merchants Parcel Delivery fleet was painted Pullman Brown. During the early
years the exact color changed slightly to become the UPS Brown in use today.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/why-brown-95074/#ixzz25E4UFvgR

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I can remember buying these in bulk and selling them on E bay for 4 or 5 times what iI paid for them,until Ebay forbid any type of uniforms from being sold after the 9/11 attacks

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You would have to dye them Pullman Brown. :happy-very:

As a Necro look what I found:

Why Brown?
Soderstrom is responsible for the famous UPS Brown as the company’s standard color. With the first Model T Ford painted
red, it stood out. However, an advertising man told Jim Casey that yellow was the most conspicuous color, so they painted
the second car yellow as they wanted to be conspicuous.
They had different schools of thought when it came to painting the third car, Jim Casey recalled. If they painted
it a third color, perhaps the public might think they had a great many more vehicles than they actually had.
The other idea was to paint them all the same color to create a standard fleet. After much discussion, Casey
remembered, they decided to adopt the conspicuous yellow as the standard color for the fleet.

Soderstrom knew how the department stores would react to the bright yellow fleet and was appalled
when he learned of that decision. He explained that the department stores saw their own vehicles as a form
of advertising. For the stores to disband their own fleets and turn their parcels over to a company
like Merchants Parcel Delivery, they would want the change to be subtle and scarcely noticed.

He argued for a much more conservative color. The other partners, once empowered with that new
viewpoint, agreed.

Soderstrom, in looking for the proper conservative color, discussed the dilemma with an old
carriage painter named Charlie Place. Place told him about the recent experiments run by a railroad
sleeper-car company named Pullman. Pullman wanted their rail cars to look as clean as possible even
when out on the tracks subject to the elements of rain, snow and dust.

Their experiments resulted in Pullman Brown, a distinctive color that blended well with the dirt.

So the first Merchants Parcel Delivery fleet was painted Pullman Brown. During the early
years the exact color changed slightly to become the UPS Brown in use today.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/why-brown-95074/#ixzz25E4UFvgR

Or, he just liked brown....