Question???

upser2004

ok i've been driving now for 4 years and i just gotta know. when you make your regular pickups everyday do you have to scan every package you pickup like the fedex guys? I'm wondering because i'm on a heavy commercial trip where get about 100 stops a day and deliver around 400 packages and my pickups sometimes get 300 plus packages and i barely get any bonus. I'm really just trying to figure out why the hell i'm not really making any bonus at all. some weeks on my paycheck it says .74 where my bonus is which is sad and it makes me think i'm doing something wrong.

for example i got to the 1st stop on my pickup list...they got no end of day but they have 15 packages i enter 15 in the packages spot and stop complete but don't scan the 15 boxes....Is this wrong? And would i get more credit for the stop had i have scanned all 15 boxes?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Didn't your Mom ever tell you about first impressions?

No, you don't have to scan every package--that's what the end of day is for. If there is no end of day you enter the number of packages picked up and complete the stop.

Are your customers happy? That's the most important thing--the bonus will take care of itself.

Floyd Gondolli

I don't think you would get a time allowance credit for scanning packages at a scheduled pick up. That's what the end of day report is for. You scan that, in essence you scanned the packages, including air. If somebody hand's you a package on the street, go to 4, the delivery screen, hit special counts, scan the package, imput 1 or however many, big arrow up. We don't use 2 unscheduled pickup any longer. The above mentioned will help with your time allowance a bit, but scanning packages at a scheduled pick-up is a waste of time.

upser2004

customers are very happy they love me. and upstate thats what i've been doing as far as pickups go i scan the end of day if they got it and just put in the number of packages picked up if they don't. I don't scan every single pickup but seriously i do a bulk trip (which i love btw) i drive a 1300 most days its packed front to back when i leave and same after i get done pickups and i just think its crazy that my bonus is so low every week.

Floyd Gondolli

Didn't your Mom ever tell you about first impressions?

No, you don't have to scan every package--that's what the end of day is for. If there is no end of day you enter the number of packages picked up and complete the stop.

Are your customers happy? That's the most important thing--the bonus will take care of itself.
You beat me with the explanation. Don't want to sound repetitive.

upser2004

possibly thanks for the posts though. I'd feel really dumb if i knew i was doing my pickups wrong all this time. I just notice that some drivers do scan some of their pickups and guys like me dont scan anything unless there is an end of day and was just wondering if one person was wrong and the other wasn't.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't concern yourself with how much bonus you do or don't get paid. The only people that I know of that worry about production bonus are lunch skippers/runner gunners. The only numbers I look at are the ones that go into my bank account from the actual hours I worked.

UPSGUY72

ok i've been driving now for 4 years and i just gotta know. when you make your regular pickups everyday do you have to scan every package you pickup like the fedex guys? I'm wondering because i'm on a heavy commercial trip where get about 100 stops a day and deliver around 400 packages and my pickups sometimes get 300 plus packages and i barely get any bonus. I'm really just trying to figure out why the hell i'm not really making any bonus at all. some weeks on my paycheck it says .74 where my bonus is which is sad and it makes me think i'm doing something wrong.

for example i got to the 1st stop on my pickup list...they got no end of day but they have 15 packages i enter 15 in the packages spot and stop complete but don't scan the 15 boxes....Is this wrong? And would i get more credit for the stop had i have scanned all 15 boxes?
WOW It took you 4 years to ask this question.

You not doing anything wrong your just not as fast as some of the other drivers. Scanning all the packages is just wasting your time. You only scan end of day tags, ARS, RS, and packages that have a picture of a letter in the bottom corner of shipping label.

If you want more bonus time than you going to have to start running you lunch and breaks and moving a little faster. Otherwise you not not going to be getting a lot of bonus time.

Re-Raise

Some of the smaller pickups still use the book and some just do the UPS website labels with the icon that looks like a present in the bottom right hand corner of the label.

In those cases I scan the packages so there is a record that I have picked them up. I couldn't care any less how it affects my planned day time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In those cases I scan the packages so there is a record that I have picked them up. I couldn't care any less how it affects my planned day time.
We were instructed not to scan any individual packages for pickups besides special counts like walk up customers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My pickups are all drop boxes and air sweeps, so I end up scanning just about every package. It has zero effect on your planned day.