question

whitey316

In may i will be top rate air driver.i went fulltime driver in august of 2014.havent really worked since peak.my question is if i go back to load and air driver will i still get top pay in may or no cause from august till now i havent driven air cause ive been ft driver.thx for any feedback

PT Car Washer

When you went from PT to FT you changed your classification. We have laid off drivers right now doing what I think you are saying. I believe you should be paid starting driver rate and not top PT air driver rate for air driving. For loading you will receive FT starting inside rate.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
When drivers are laid of in my region they get full rate for 7 days that they could be scheduled to work (i.e. Working days). After that thy revert to the inside rate they would be at if they had never gone FT.

You're not an air driver. If you deliver a package you rate goes back to top rate for 7 more days.

whitey316

When you went from PT to FT you changed your classification. We have laid off drivers right now doing what I think you are saying. I believe you should be paid starting driver rate and not top PT air driver rate for air driving. For loading you will receive FT starting inside rate.
i would think that since i went fulltime in aug and now im not gonna nbe kept on that im being sent back to my old job which is loader for the twi shift and air driver mon-sat.i would get my loader rate for loading n my air rate for air driving

PT Car Washer

i would think that since i went fulltime in aug and now im not gonna nbe kept on that im being sent back to my old job which is loader for the twi shift and air driver mon-sat.i would get my loader rate for loading n my air rate for air driving
Good point. The contract does say whichever is higher.

whitey316

I am assuming nobody else wants to do his air work.
well i am not being kept on as a ft driver.guess even thogh i was scratching i wasnt good enough so next week im going back to inside warehouse to my loader position.im gonna also go back to doing saturday air driving.hr told me i would go back to my loader rate and my air rate.i asked him march 7 would of been 2 yrs i would have been doing air to reach top pay,that would i get that or no cause i wasnt doing air from august till now cause i went fulltime.he said doesnt matter that i was still with the company that i would get top pay come march 7.just want to get some insight to confirm.thx everyone for answering appriciate it

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
well i am not being kept on as a ft driver.guess even thogh i was scratching i wasnt good enough so next week im going back to inside warehouse to my loader position.im gonna also go back to doing saturday air driving.hr told me i would go back to my loader rate and my air rate.i asked him march 7 would of been 2 yrs i would have been doing air to reach top pay,that would i get that or no cause i wasnt doing air from august till now cause i went fulltime.he said doesnt matter that i was still with the company that i would get top pay come march 7.just want to get some insight to confirm.thx everyone for answering appriciate it
So you were not perm full time?

Just driving regularly (we call that a tcd)?

In that case, you should go back to your old spots and should be topped out.