Question

JawGAboi

I'm a full-time cover driver and so is this other driver. The other driver has more seniority. They bid on a route where the regular FT driver is gone on vacation for 4 weeks. The other driver won the bid for the entire time the regular driver is on vacation. One day there was a new preloader that loaded their car and it was blown out. I wasn't extra this day. That driver then comes to me and tells me I'm running that route and they are going home. What are the rules on all that? They bid on that route, so now that it's not an easy day you don't want it. All the shop Stewart says or showed me was: Seniority prevails at all times. So the time I'm on a route and I don't like it, I can just find someone with less seniority and make them run it?!

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
huh.jpg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was always told seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to go home. However, it always seems to still work both ways until you are the senior person. Capece?

BrownBrokeDown

I was always told seniority gives you the right to work, not the right to go home. However, it always seems to still work both ways until you are the senior person. Capece?
Southern has some wording about seniority comes into play as long as it doesnt monetarily affect UPS. Article is somewhere in the 40's. Im too lazy right now to look it up and copy it over.

Where is the Driver sup and Center Manager at? One driver can not tell another driver what route he is going to run that day. Of course if the center manager gives the driver the day off and tells you to run it, you would not have much recourse.

Stopher

As long as the other driver doesn't run another rte than its legal so to speak. I'm a bit low on the full time driving seniority list and have a guy that try's to bumb me all the time. Best thing I have found is to walk up to any senior driver and offer to run there rte. they will always say yes and you will have a much better day. Try it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'm a full-time cover driver and so is this other driver. The other driver has more seniority. They bid on a route where the regular FT driver is gone on vacation for 4 weeks. The other driver won the bid for the entire time the regular driver is on vacation. One day there was a new preloader that loaded their car and it was blown out. I wasn't extra this day. That driver then comes to me and tells me I'm running that route and they are going home. What are the rules on all that? They bid on that route, so now that it's not an easy day you don't want it. All the shop Stewart says or showed me was: Seniority prevails at all times. So the time I'm on a route and I don't like it, I can just find someone with less seniority and make them run it?!
Again, who is this Stewart guy?
the-big-bang-theory-season-6-ep-9.png