Questions about becoming a driver in Minneapolis

Mcfarlc

am starting in two weeks as a loader/unloader at the Minneapolis location. They say it takes 6 months to become eligible to be a driver. How long do you think it would be before I could actually become a driver? Does anyone think that the Eagan location would be a better option then the Minneapolis location in terms of how long it would take to become a driver? I know it will take way longer then 6 months either way but I am willing to put in the time. Thanks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
am starting in two weeks as a loader/unloader at the Minneapolis location. They say it takes 6 months to become eligible to be a driver. How long do you think it would be before I could actually become a driver? Does anyone think that the Eagan location would be a better option then the Minneapolis location in terms of how long it would take to become a driver? I know it will take way longer then 6 months either way but I am willing to put in the time. Thanks.

Worry about loading and unloading first. When you reach senority, ask others how long the wait is to make it full time.

PT Car Washer

@FrigidFTSup used to work out of the Twin Cities facility.
I always assumed he worked out of one of the smaller centers scattered through out the state. A Morton building with a gravel lot where they lock the doors after the last package car has left and open up again for the twilight sort. One belt running through the middle of the building with package cars backed up on both sides and an unload door for their one 28' pup on the preload.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Does anyone think that the Eagan location would be a better option then the Minneapolis location in terms of how long it would take to become a driver? I know it will take way longer then 6 months either way but I am willing to put in the time. Thanks
From my interactions with them the management is a lot better at Minneapolis. If you're going to make a career that may be something to think about. Have no idea about time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I always assumed he worked out of one of the smaller centers scattered through out the state. A Morton building with a gravel lot where they lock the doors after the last package car has left and open up again for the twilight sort. One belt running through the middle of the building with package cars backed up on both sides and an unload door for their one 28' pup on the preload.
Excuse me, it was TWO doors. Please don't mischaracterize me like that.

But yeah, the rest of it was spot on.

a911scanner

I work in a Mpls. area suburban center. Was on pre-load for 6 weeks, then won a bid to drive.

Too bad the young-ens don't know how to drive a manual anymore.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The more I read here, the more I believe I live in the BOG. Of course I didn't always think that way.
I never realized how good I had it until I moved into a big center. I had one grievance filed on me in 3 years out there. If there was an issue we discussed it and found an amicable solution. I had drivers inviting me over for holidays and cookouts even when I was their sup.

But I will say this. I do NOT miss being responsible for preload and local sort. That fell under the ORS in those small buildings.