Questions about Driving

noles_all_day

I've been with Ups for over 9 years in the hub and started cover driving the first week of Oct last year. I was able to drive on 3 different routes all the way through peak until Feb of this year and have been barely driving since. I've been doing air and shuttling here and there. I won a bid for FT driving in June and haven't heard anything yet. My question is that I found out this past Saturday when I was doing Sat Air that my center just started training 3 new drivers with no seniority this past week. What should I do lol? I want to file a greivence but I don't want to be a target by mgmt since I won the bid for FT driving. There are 3 other cover drivers with less seniority than me that haven't been driving and are super pissed. Ups Mgmt are the most fd up people I know. Has anyone been in a situation like this?

Cementups

Box Monkey
WHY DOESN'T ANYONE TALK TO THEIR STEWARD ANYMORE?!?!??!?!??

If you were awarded a FT bid/position then you should have ben assigned to that bid within 30 days. Talk to your steward and file.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They're just prepping for peak. You'll get your shot come December.
I have no idea what this company is doing.

We are asking drivers to stay home everyday because we are over staffed. The company says you still need to hire more full time drivers. All while trying to eliminate jobs with access point surepost and Orion.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have no idea what this company is doing.

We are asking drivers to stay home everyday because we are over staffed. The company says you still need to hire more full time drivers. All while trying to eliminate jobs with access point surepost and Orion.
There's no communications between departments. Corporate tells us one thing, but district IE still sets our numbers so we have to follow that or else we get screwed. It's crazy.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've been with Ups for over 9 years in the hub and started cover driving the first week of Oct last year. I was able to drive on 3 different routes all the way through peak until Feb of this year and have been barely driving since. I've been doing air and shuttling here and there. I won a bid for FT driving in June and haven't heard anything yet. My question is that I found out this past Saturday when I was doing Sat Air that my center just started training 3 new drivers with no seniority this past week. What should I do lol? I want to file a greivence but I don't want to be a target by mgmt since I won the bid for FT driving. There are 3 other cover drivers with less seniority than me that haven't been driving and are super :censored2:. Ups Mgmt are the most fd up people I know. Has anyone been in a situation like this?
Target by management for what?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's no communications between departments. Corporate tells us one thing, but district IE still sets our numbers so we have to follow that or else we get screwed. It's crazy.
I've always been confident that this company had a bigger plan. You know 5-10-15 years. Now I don't know. It just doesn't make any sense.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I've always been confident that this company had a bigger plan. You know 5-10-15 years. Now I don't know. It just doesn't make any sense.
The thing is we are seeing sizeable growth. I know my sort is doing 15-20% more volume YOY. Preload for us at least has been seeing peak like days for weeks now. Even with the access points coming online we still need more drivers. Honestly I feel like they are doing it better this year by training guys early. We didn't see our first seasonals until the end of October last year and by the time we could evaluate them they were no good and we were stuck with them.
Well if he hasn't made his 30 days they can easily disqualify him.
I think OP either misunderstood the bid or is leaving something out.

noles_all_day

I appreciate the comments. I know some other drivers from another center in my building that told me they are training seasonal drivers with very minimum seniority also. I'm keeping track of how many days they work them and will grieve if they continue to work them next week. Just find it funny how this company will do whatever it takes to save money.

UPSGUY72

I've been with Ups for over 9 years in the hub and started cover driving the first week of Oct last year. I was able to drive on 3 different routes all the way through peak until Feb of this year and have been barely driving since. I've been doing air and shuttling here and there. I won a bid for FT driving in June and haven't heard anything yet. My question is that I found out this past Saturday when I was doing Sat Air that my center just started training 3 new drivers with no seniority this past week. What should I do lol? I want to file a greivence but I don't want to be a target by mgmt since I won the bid for FT driving. There are 3 other cover drivers with less seniority than me that haven't been driving and are super :censored2:. Ups Mgmt are the most fd up people I know. Has anyone been in a situation like this?

I appreciate the comments. I know some other drivers from another center in my building that told me they are training seasonal drivers with very minimum seniority also. I'm keeping track of how many days they work them and will grieve if they continue to work them next week. Just find it funny how this company will do whatever it takes to save money.

What is your job title ? TCD, PT Air Driver, PTimer, or are you a 22.3 driver ?

Did you win a Bid for a your own FT Route if not you didn't win anything you signed a list of people wanting to be a FT driver. Also if you did sign and win a bid for your own Ft route in June why haven't you spoken up to someone in the last 3 months ???

Last year you where a seasonal FT employee after the 2nd week in January you went back to your old job. Sound like that is what going to happen to you and the people you say they are training this year too.

Go ask your shop steward what the deal is they will have the correct answer fro you.

UPSGUY72

What is your job title ? TCD, PT Air Driver, PTimer, or are you a 22.3 driver ?

Did you win a Bid for a your own FT Route if not you didn't win anything you signed a list of people wanting to be a FT driver. Also if you did sign and win a bid for your own Ft route in June why haven't you spoken up to someone in the last 3 months ???

Last year you where a seasonal FT employee after the 2nd week in January you went back to your old job. Sound like that is what going to happen to you and the people you say they are training this year too.

Also if you didn't sign a list of people wanting to Ft and the other people they are training did it doesn't matter if they have less seniority then you... You have to sign that list....

Go ask your shop steward what the deal is they will have the correct answer fro you.