Questions about Twilight/Midnight Combo Shifts

kem9

I'm considering signing a 22.3 Combo bid for Twilight/Midnight shift. When does this type of shift start for the week and end for the week? Would I be required to work a midnight shift on Monday and then come back in that night for Twi/Night? What about Friday? Would I be required to come back in that evening to work twilight?

Thanks in advance.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have done a twi (carwash) / preload and a midnite (carwash) / preload
Sun -Thurs .
Sun Twi were great , no traffic on the roads and nobody there but my small crew & a sup who always stayed in an office .

kem9

Thanks Baba for sharing your experience.

The bid sheet simply states Twilight Package Handler/Midnight Irregs. One of the "guidelines" says: "Job shift times will be posted on Friday for the following week but may vary from day to day." No specific days or times. I plan to ask a sup about it; I just wanted to see if others knew how the shifts worked.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The vast majority of twi-mid combo jobs are M-friend 6pm-3am, in our hub. I've worked several of these jobs and that's my current bid. I prefer working early mornings preload/air driver and having the late morning/ afternoons off.

kem9

Thanks Sleeve--that's the kind of answer I was searching for.

It's not my first choice for hours, but I really want to go back to the building. I loved the hours for PT preload and PT exception air, but I needed more consistent full-time hours hence the reason I went FT package car.

upschuck

I worked midnight/preload for a while, and I worked Sun-night(just a couple of people there, kinda eerie) thru Thursday night and got Friday night shift off. Your results may vary.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, if your seniority date is newer, may want to consider riding it out in PC a few more years. I have just under 10 FT and just beginning to have some options open up. Of course ymmv.
Thanks Sleeve--that's the kind of answer I was searching for.

It's not my first choice for hours, but I really want to go back to the building. I loved the hours for PT preload and PT exception air, but I needed more consistent full-time hours hence the reason I went FT package car.