Questions about UPS hire process

Hey whats up im new to these forums and i have a couple questions about the UPS hiring process. I have gone to the First information session/interview, a second interview, then a tour/interview, and then for paperwork the next day. I filled out the paperwork and that was last thursday 7/25. I was told that they will run a background check then give me a call. Still no word today. Should i call or email HR? Thank you

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Background checks usually take some time. Filling out all the paperwork is a good sign you are hired. It wouldn't hurt to stop by HR or call them.

Loyal Teamster

First of all, welcome to Brown Cafe. We'll be glad to help & guide you through any questions or concerns that will arise with your career with UPS.

Concerning your question. Just call HR, It'll clear things up.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First of all, welcome to Brown Cafe. We'll be glad to help & guide you through any questions or concerns that will arise with your career with UPS.

Concerning your question. Just call HR, It'll clear things up.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

Am I the only one who gets traumatized when this guy acts like he's somebody of importance on this site?

Thanks guys, its been 1 week and one day (last thursday was paperwork). I called on Wednesday and was told my background check still isn't back. BTW, my background is clean. So i guess its just waiting for a call.

letticesandwich

HR at the facility I work keeps weird hours. After 6 p.m. Only there in the day on Friday. I found it easier to email HR.

Yeah, the background check can take awhile. And when they did mine, something was submitted incorrectly so UPS had to resend the check. Then the first check went through and the second check had not processed so I had to wait a few more weeks for that to clear. These things happen.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I never had a background check. I was hired within 5 days after going to the interview. This is the good thing of being really attractive, it gives off the impression of innocence.

Today in the mail i got the results of the background check. Says background check was completed on 7/25. Everything on my background is clean. When i called on 7/31 i was told by HR that my background check wasn't back yet. So that means they lied to me? I don't understand, i just want to know whether i'm hired or not.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Today in the mail i got the results of the background check. Says background check was completed on 7/25. Everything on my background is clean. When i called on 7/31 i was told by HR that my background check wasn't back yet. So that means they lied to me? I don't understand, i just want to know whether i'm hired or not.

Management lied/doesn't know what's going on? Sounds about right.

If you want the job bad enough, drive up there and talk with them again. Bring your background results.

They might be stalling so they can hire you during peak as a seasonal.

letticesandwich

Thats the criminal background check. I believe there are others. I do not know what the others may be, but I joke they are checking if I am affiliated with terrorism groups. I really do not know what it is. When talking to the HR guy when he had to get two background checks, he said the company providing background checks drags their feet. He would call everyday asking them to send it. They would say yeah yeah yeah and did not send it. A weeks passed like that. From first hire interview to starting actual work took maybe 3-4 weeks for me.

Thats the criminal background check. I believe there are others. I do not know what the others may be, but I joke they are checking if I am affiliated with terrorism groups. I really do not know what it is. When talking to the HR guy when he had to get two background checks, he said the company providing background checks drags their feet. He would call everyday asking them to send it. They would say yeah yeah yeah and did not send it. A weeks passed like that. From first hire interview to starting actual work took maybe 3-4 weeks for me.
Thanks, yeah its been about 3 weeks since the first interview.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

They are lying to you because they want to use you as a jumpoff. :) smile, you still have a chance. They don't want to tell you because they don't want you to move on and look further for other jobs, they are just saving you in-case somebody quits or they need more people. Just call HR every week, somebody must quit by then. You sure you really want to work at UPS? You will only get 3 1/2 hours a day when you made book (completed probation), but since you would be new if you get hired, they will send you home a lot of times (wasting your time coming to work. If they keep you for the day, the most most hours you would get is 2 1/2 hours. Although $10 an hour (when the contract is ratified) is arguable decent, it won't look any good on a paycheck if you're only working 2-3 hours a day, even minimum wage and full time hours is much better.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
i call BS, troll. Background checks are policy..has nothing to do with how good looking your mother says you are.

LOL don't hate, appreciate. Actually, I was hired two days after my interview. I was interviewed on the 16th of April, I know this because I bought a dress shirt from h&m with my debit card on 7th avenue the day before my interview, and I have online banking, so I could see the date when I bought the shirt. I was called for orientation shortly after (probably the next day or couple hours after I had the interview). The orientation was on the 18th of April on a Thursday. I'm the exception, not the rule. Just because there is a policy that says things should be followed this way doesn't mean that it is going to go like that all the time, stop acting naive. See, attractive people like me could get the rules bent. Just have society works. Sorry that you couldn't do what I did.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
LOL don't hate, appreciate. Actually, I was hired two days after my interview. I was interviewed on the 16th of April, I know this because I bought a dress shirt from h&m with my debit card on 7th avenue the day before my interview, and I have online banking, so I could see the date when I bought the shirt. I was called for orientation shortly after (probably the next day or couple hours after I had the interview). The orientation was on the 18th of April on a Thursday. I'm the exception, not the rule. Just because there is a policy that says things should be followed this way doesn't mean that it is going to go like that all th e time, stop acting naive. See, attractive people like me could get the rules bent. Just have society works. Sorry that you couldn't do what I did.
lol whAT difference does it make?? Enjoy your 10.50/ hr LMAO. You're so attractive, you're home on BC on a saturday night lol.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
lol whAT difference does it make?? Enjoy your 10.50/ hr LMAO. You're so attractive, you're home on BC on Saturdays night lol.

Hey, lets get this settled. The only reason why I'm on here on Saturday nights is because my neighborhood is so voilent that you wouldn't even last a day here. I used to go partying, but I was tired of having to run out of parties because of some insecure thugs shooting up the party when he sees a kid he doesn't like. What you and your brethren on this site don't know about me could fill the grand canyon. See, I play basketball and will soon be playing for my college team next semester. I'm trying to survive here in the hood, I don't want my mom to lose me to some bs.