Questions

BrownChoice

I know this has been asked before, probably many a times.

Ok so i understand that apartments, nursing homes, tenants are stop completed as residential . But what about if its to the business as the
consignee ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know this has been asked before, probably many a times.

Ok so i understand that apartments, nursing homes, tenants are stop completed as residential . But what about if its to the business as the
consignee ?
Commercial.

Using your example, deliveries to the offices in the apartment complex and nursing home would be commercial. All other deliveries, including those to a business run out of an apartment, would be residential.

I left a Sherri's berries at a business that was closed on Saturday, it was probably 80 degrees out, probably was junk by time they found it Monday, rained late Saturday/early Sunday too, just working as directed!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bl04a

Per DIAD training, any commercial delivery made to a building that has an apartment or residence attached must be sheeted as residence regardless if the commercial portion if the address is the consignee. I verified this with my center manager and was told that I was understanding the DIAD training correctly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Per DIAD training, any commercial delivery made to a building that has an apartment or residence attached must be sheeted as residence regardless if the commercial portion if the address is the consignee. I verified this with my center manager and was told that I was understanding the DIAD training correctly.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Incorrect. What about a store that has a floor above with apartments? The primary stop would be the commercial store but there would also be apartments in the same building. By definition, to be commercial a place must have a separate entrance and posted business hours. It sounds to me as if your center manager is trying to hide missed pieces by calling them residential. Same street address but different suite or room numbers are different even if it is in the same building.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So its still sheeted as commercial? How do you driver release a package and still sheet it as com?
It doesn't really matter you just DR it.

Use to I would do SDN and type in shipper. Now we are told to hit relnum for shipper release at commercial addresses.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Incorrect. What about a store that has a floor above with apartments? The primary stop would be the commercial store but there would also be apartments in the same building. By definition, to be commercial a place must have a separate entrance and posted business hours. It sounds to me as if your center manager is trying to hide missed pieces by calling them residential. Same street address but different suite or room numbers are different even if it is in the same building.
Correct. As long as the addresses are seperate then one can be resi and the other commercial.

What can't happen is someone can't run a business out of their garage and call it commercial.

bl04a

I deliver in Philly where there a lot of old 2 & 3 story row homes that have a business on the 1st floor and the 2nd & 3rd floors have been converted to apartments. We have been told to sheet any package addressed to the 1st floor business as residential because if the apartments on the upper floors. I specifically asked my center manager does that mean I no longer need to worry about getting any savers for that business there by 15:00 since I can now sheet that commercial package as a residence and I was told that is correct. I have also been told that UPS charges more for a residential delivery than a commercial delivery that's why we are told to sheet as residential. Wether that's true or not I don't know.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bl04a

We've been sheeting them this way since the DIAD training about a year and a half ago and have never had any the numbers readers in upper management!

Sent using BrownCafe App

bl04a

Meant to say never had any problems from the numbers readers in upper management

Sent using BrownCafe App