Questions

scoutlover

The proper way to DR a shipper release package to a commercial stop is to hit DR, RELNUM, enter, front door(etc), stop complete, 2 for commercial. DO NOT DO SDN AND TYPE SOMETHING ELSE IN!! We just had a driver terminated for that and he did not get his job back. They considered it falsifying documents.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The proper way to DR a shipper release package to a commercial stop is to hit DR, RELNUM, enter, front door(etc), stop complete, 2 for commercial. DO NOT DO SDN AND TYPE SOMETHING ELSE IN!! We just had a driver terminated for that and he did not get his job back. They considered it falsifying documents.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why would you hit release number? Scan, DR, done.

oldngray

nowhere special

Sent using BrownCafe App

DR is always tagged as a residential so you can't put a 2 as commercial. You only use release number if its in a non DR area which won't allow you to DR so you have to override it. SDN can be used if you do have a signed notice but that should not apply in this situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you have a commercial stop and the consignee is standing right in front of you, why wouldn't you just get a signature, even if the shipper release is the only package?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a commercial stop and the consignee is standing right in front of you, why wouldn't you just get a signature, even if the shipper release is the only package?

I would get a signature because doing otherwise would confuse the consignee and take more time to explain than simply getting a signature as usual. I would only use the shipper release option if nobody was there to sign. UPS likes drivers to DR so it will be tagged as residential and be charged a higher rate but I never played that numbers game.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't know about Surepost rates you may be correct there. But most of the time a business will also get other packages that need to be signed for rending it all a moot point.