questions

dinho

Became full time driver 8 months ago, still learning something new everyday. Today I called in because of snow, my 2nd call in since I became full time. feel guilty every time I call in but had to.

I know about 8 routs so far but seems like every time I'm on a route it's overloaded. so all day I'm like power walking. For axample when I do this one route yesterday I had 190, normally I get 170. I would get 130-150 before that but they just keep on adding more. Other drivers do between 130-150. Even though I do 170 and ger done by 730 or do 190 and be done by 830 I'm still over 2 hours with about 18 stops an hour, just don't get how... so the next day sup tells me I was 2 hours over...just don't know what to do here since I am working my ass off all day...What to do? Can you get fired for being 2 hours over?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Became full time driver 8 months ago, still learning something new everyday. Today I called in because of snow, my 2nd call in since I became full time. feel guilty every time I call in but had to.

I know about 8 routs so far but seems like every time I'm on a route it's overloaded. so all day I'm like power walking. For axample when I do this one route yesterday I had 190, normally I get 170. I would get 130-150 before that but they just keep on adding more. Other drivers do between 130-150. Even though I do 170 and ger done by 730 or do 190 and be done by 830 I'm still over 2 hours with about 18 stops an hour, just don't get how... so the next day sup tells me I was 2 hours over...just don't know what to do here since I am working my ass off all day...What to do? Can you get fired for being 2 hours over?
No
Work Safe, Paid Friday

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Keep up the good work. UPS will work you like an army mule. Keep killing yourself, and they will keep piling the work on you. Spoken by someone who knows what they are talking about. I have to use a cane to walk now. The upside is I get to park close to any building I go to, and they have ramps instead of curbs, because I can't step up on a curb.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

You got your 30 days in, slow down son or your career will be over within 10 years and youll be crippled. The union doesn't recognize the numbers cause, THE NUMBERS ARE FAKE YOUNGBLOOD.

dinho

Thanks for the tips! I'm not comparing myself to a driver who does the route daily. I'm comparing myself to other new hires, since the route isn't an actual route but should be Since it runs daily. Either me or a new full timer like me normally is on it. I've always been a competitive person, always want to be the best but when it comes to this job; I'm realizing i need to change my mind set and work smart and safe.​

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You are a rental tool to be used. You are compensated for your use. If you are rode hard and put up wet you will not reach your expected usage date and will be cast aside and forgotten about. You have no warranty on your body, you might replace parts but it's never OEM.

Don't let them abuse you, you're only hurting yourself over time.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No- If you deliver,and pickup everything, have no accidents, or customer complaints you had a perfect day.

Customer complaints just mean you had an interesting day. I got 2 in 2 days last year, and I hadn't had ONE in years, my boss thought I was trying to sabotage myself. Then just before I went into feeders I had some A-hole cut me off while driving a new 1000 with a tp-60 trailer on it. So I gave him a "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING" hand gesture and he called in saying I gave him the bird. Sup took up for me and nothing came of it. Some people have nothing better to do than try to get people in trouble over nothing.

dinho

You are a rental tool to be used. You are compensated for your use. If you are rode hard and put up wet you will not reach your expected usage date and will be cast aside and forgotten about. You have no warranty on your body, you might replace parts but it's never OEM.

Don't let them abuse you, you're only hurting yourself over time.

Thanks will keep that in mind.