Quick Question about Tour/Orientation.

Ayo

Tonight i have a tour of the facility i'm going to be working at. Monday i have an orientation. They said to bring my Driver's license and social security card. I Lost my card but i have a birth certificate. Will that work as a replacement or do i absolutley need the card? Will i be screwed if i don't have a card with me?

bluehdmc

Probably, I'm sure you need the card or some other identification to ensure you're not an illegal alien or something. A passport and something else like a dd214 or something like that with your social security number might help.

P

pickup

Tonight i have a tour of the facility i'm going to be working at. Monday i have an orientation. They said to bring my Driver's license and social security card. I Lost my card but i have a birth certificate. Will that work as a replacement or do i absolutley need the card? Will i be screwed if i don't have a card with me?

regardless, get a replacement one as soon as possible. Easy enough. I replace mine years ago when it got faded(I didn't treat it so well). The new one I got six weeks after I applied for it. I treat it nicely now and it should last the rest of my life.

Ayo

^ Thanks for the help. Also how long does a tour usually last for a package handler? Wat should be worn to the tour?

iowa boy

^ Thanks for the help. Also how long does a tour usually last for a package handler? Wat should be worn to the tour?

Anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes, depending on the size of the facility. As for clothes, where a nice shirt and clean jeans and closed toe shoes. We have had people take the tour with flip flops and sandals on. Needless to say, they never got called back.

UPSGUY72

IF you have a US passport your golden. Your license and a certified copy of your Birth Certificate will do to you go to the follow links and it will tell you what you can and can't use for ID on the I-9 form http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf