Quicker Top-Outs? Project Condor?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Don't believe it, or conversely, believe it when you actually see it, which will probably be never.

What a great time to be floating a rumor about higher pay...just before peak when they need 100% effort, and just as the lame duck Congress might try and push through something regarding the Express Carrier Exemption, Fred's perpetual gift that just keeps on giving. Fred is still running the Brownbailout program, even though the GOP will kill anything that makes it easier for us to unionize, unless the lame duck Congress has something up it's sleeve, which I doubt. Why keep-up the lie campaign, Fred?

Once again, I implore you to look at the track record of Fred S and FedEx Express. They've cut your hours, killed your retirement plan, and done everything possible to make your take-home pay less each and every week...while they reward themselves and the pilots with fat paychecks and great benefits that you don't get.

And now here comes "Project Condor", which will "create" more business for Express. OK, if there's so much business heading our way Fred, why are you getting rid of our larger trucks? It couldn't be a smokescreen that sends E2 and SO over to Ground, could it?

Don't buy any of it. Given what we've seen, I find it extremely difficult to believe that upper management has finally gotten a clue and decided to create meaningful changes at Express.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And now here comes "Project Condor", which will "create" more business for Express. OK, if there's so much business heading our way Fred, why are you getting rid of our larger trucks? It couldn't be a smokescreen that sends E2 and SO over to Ground, could it?

I can see it now, Fed Ex gets more business so Fred and MT3 will decide it's time to start cutting routes. Great service as usual from Walmart on wheels.

Broke

Don't believe it, or conversely, believe it when you actually see it, which will probably be never.

What a great time to be floating a rumor about higher pay...just before peak when they need 100% effort, and just as the lame duck Congress might try and push through something regarding the Express Carrier Exemption, Fred's perpetual gift that just keeps on giving. Fred is still running the Brownbailout program, even though the GOP will kill anything that makes it easier for us to unionize, unless the lame duck Congress has something up it's sleeve, which I doubt. Why keep-up the lie campaign, Fred?

Once again, I implore you to look at the track record of Fred S and FedEx Express. They've cut your hours, killed your retirement plan, and done everything possible to make your take-home pay less each and every week...while they reward themselves and the pilots with fat paychecks and great benefits that you don't get.

Don't buy any of it. Given what we've seen, I find it extremely difficult to believe that upper management has finally gotten a clue and decided to create meaningful changes at Express.
Haven't Heard anything about a possible pay increase, but I think there may be something brewing in the lame duck congress with regards to the Faa bill. Senator Dorgan issued a statement yesterday saying he was optimistic the bill would pass this year.

LTFedExer

Haven't Heard anything about a possible pay increase, but I think there may be something brewing in the lame duck congress with regards to the Faa bill. Senator Dorgan issued a statement yesterday saying he was optimistic the bill would pass this year.
I haven't heard the rumor either. But, we're not as well connected as MFE is. Dorgan's statement didn't make any mention of the RLA/NLRA issue though.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
FedEx2000. This is the name he used for the "project". He might just be blowing smoke.
Well,
After going to that other thread and reading what F2K said, I didn't see him mention anything about pay. He said it's some sort of new "service".

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I haven't heard the rumor either. But, we're not as well connected as MFE is. Dorgan's statement didn't make any mention of the RLA/NLRA issue though.

I have heard nothing about the lame duck Congress making a move, although they've got nothing to lose by trying. As I have pointed out before, Fred isn't ending the Brownbailout.com campaign nor is the "We Are One Big Happy Family" crap tapering off. They're still pushing IamFedEx.com, and now there's some other lame-ass deal of the corporate website with some actor seeing what it's like to be a FedEx employee. BFD...

Here's the deal, and it's just my opinion, so you don't have to get your panties in a wad. Fred is doing everything possible to preserve his RLA advantage and perpetuate the lie that FedEx is a "great place to work", just like Microsoft, Google, and UPS. Right...sure, it is. Maybe FedEx was a great place to work 25 years ago, but it isn't any longer. Fred is like the guy you see in Mexico who has painted his donkey so it looks like a zebra. Every day, at least a few morons climb aboard and get their picture taken. Most of us know it's just a donkey, but Fred still has plenty of employees who are thinking Z-E-B-R-A and cannot wait to play Fred's game for him and put a few more coins in his pocket.

LTFedExer

I have heard nothing about the lame duck Congress making a move, although they've got nothing to lose by trying. As I have pointed out before, Fred isn't ending the Brownbailout.com campaign nor is the "We Are One Big Happy Family" crap tapering off. They're still pushing IamFedEx.com, and now there's some other lame-ass deal of the corporate website with some actor seeing what it's like to be a FedEx employee. BFD...

Here's the deal, and it's just my opinion, so you don't have to get your panties in a wad. Fred is doing everything possible to preserve his RLA advantage and perpetuate the lie that FedEx is a "great place to work", just like Microsoft, Google, and UPS. Right...sure, it is. Maybe FedEx was a great place to work 25 years ago, but it isn't any longer. Fred is like the guy you see in Mexico who has painted his donkey so it looks like a zebra. Every day, at least a few morons climb aboard and get their picture taken. Most of us know it's just a donkey, but Fred still has plenty of employees who are thinking Z-E-B-R-A and cannot wait to play Fred's game for him and put a few more coins in his pocket.
The rumor I referred to was the rumor about the raises.

As for the highlighted part above. You're assuming those other companies mentioned ARE great places to work. Don't know about the other 2, but have you surfed this website lately? Doesn't sound to me like UPS is the best place to work.

Broke

I don't think you will hear anyone mentioning the RLA issue, but don't be suprised if it comes up at the last minuite. I'll bet my house that if there is a vote with the RLA language in the final Faa bill, it will pass. The main problem all along has been getting Rockefeller and Reid to allow a vote. I'll also bet you that there will be some Republicans that will vote in favor of the bill as a whole too. Does Fedex actually think that Mitch Mcconnell and Jim Bunning are going to vote against their states largest employer (UPS)??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think you will hear anyone mentioning the RLA issue, but don't be suprised if it comes up at the last minuite. I'll bet my house that if there is a vote with the RLA language in the final Faa bill, it will pass. The main problem all along has been getting Rockefeller and Reid to allow a vote. I'll also bet you that there will be some Republicans that will vote in favor of the bill as a whole too. Does Fedex actually think that Mitch Mcconnell and Jim Bunning are going to vote against their states largest employer (UPS)??

That's interesting, and I hope you're right in your analysis. I'm guessing Bunning and McConnell are in a Catch-22 because they have UPS pressure on one side , and Tea Bag "Free market" ideology on the other. McConnell flip-flopped on earmarks earlier this week, a hint that he's starting to consume the Lipton.