Quickest Way To Driving

Im gonna start at UPS as a loader tomorrow and I am very eager to get into driving...I just want some advice as to what route would get me their the fastest???from all the post im seeing that driving air is somewhat the quickest....any suggestions???

I dont have no problem waiting but if I feel like I can do this job just as good if not better than 10 yr veteran..I werked for fedex for tha past couple of yrs....while it be not as brutal I can see I felt the wrath many times.....basically IM BUILT FOR THIS JOB!!!!

The passengers were really anxious to go for a cruise on the Titanic as well. Don't be in a hurry to go driving until you've been around the company for some time and have had some time to talk to the drivers.

Im grateful for all the advice...this is what I wanna do>>>all my life and im still quite young I have only werked physically demanding jobs...thats what I love to do...my werkdays consisted of 11 0r 12 hrs...and I know how to deliver a pkg.....that managerial crap that goes down doesnt phase me..cuz if I do my job then I have no problem..

rocket man

well you have said it all/ you are ready /you shold be driving in a week . Let us know what happens. just go to your belt supervisor tell him to give you the keys to a nice pkg car .Thats how we did it.

P

pickup

well you have said it all/ you are ready /you shold be driving in a week . Let us know what happens. just go to your belt supervisor tell him to give you the keys to a nice pkg car .Thats how we did it.

or better yet, just grab the keys of a loaded package car along with a DIAD and drive right out the gates. At first they will be mad, but the anger will turn to sheer joy when you return 3 hours earlier than anyone else has ever managed to do on whatever run you do. They will no doubt shout "hosannah" as you drive through the gates for they will realize, the messiah hath arrived. A great party will be held and you will be award the job on a permanent basis. Of course in a few days, word about your prowess will reach the ears of those in the inner circle in Atlanta. Once that happens, a promotion to the executive board will surely happen. After that , in just a few years, I can see the letters "C.E.O." on your door. And I wouldn't be surprised within a decade, if you are being serenaded with "hail to the chief" as you walk to the podium to give your first state of the union speech as President of the United States of America to your adoring public.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Welcome to ups and the teamsters, doesn`t matter what you have done or what you want to do or what you think you can do, its done by seniority.

Put your name on the list and wait, thats all you can do. When it comes your turn make the most of it.

Hope you signed your Union card!!

I think I have a good chance in the hub where I'm at...a lot of the drivers are old...they look like they are gonna retire soon...I'm guessing I have a year to a year and a half wait to start driving...and to the ********* that's talking about spelling...who gives a ***** about spelling words correctly on a blog site...only a ********would....

Last edited by a moderator:

SmithBarney

I think I have a good chance in the hub where I'm at...a lot of the drivers are old...they look like they are gonna retire soon...I'm guessing I have a year to a year and a half wait to start driving...and to the ********* that's talking about spelling...who gives a ***** about spelling words correctly on a blog site...only a ********* would....

They only look old, in fact most of them just started a couple years ago
thats what you have to look forward to..

Yeah I'll be a ***** too... Learn how to spell otherwise you just look ignorant.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I think I have a good chance in the hub where I'm at...a lot of the drivers are old...they look like they are gonna retire soon...I'm guessing I have a year to a year and a half wait to start driving...and to the ********* that's talking about spelling...who gives a ***** about spelling words correctly on a blog site...only a ********would....

Its more than a year so youre wrong.....be patient about it

jrf4life

In my hub, all you have to do is find a center manager, go into his/her office and **************************** . Or tell them you have kids and you can't feed them. Thats what 90% of the women do in my hub. They can't drive stick shifts but are going full time in two years tops. I have observed this with my own eyes.

P

pickup

The terms of service of this website are concrete , not hollow
but of them you chose not to follow
How much harder for you will it be
when the rules are not spelled out for thee?
Such is the confusing world of UPS
where you follow written and unwritten rules to cover your _ss