quickly....

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I just wrote out a long post, and somehow lost it. I always see the auto save at the bottom of the screen. How do I retrieve my lost text?

Computers are hard. At least they are for me. Thank God I have a iPhone and a wife who is smart and will take the time to show me how to do it.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
If you go back to edit that particular post and the auto save was working properly, there should be a white button at the bottom left of the editing box that reads something like "Restore automatically saved text"

I think it only works if your brower or the window closes while you are in the middle of a post. The button will not show up if you clicked any save or post button.

Last edited:

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Yep...just tested it. If you are in the middle of typing, close the browser on purpose. Then get back into brown cafe to that particular page or post, and the button will be at the lower left corner of wherever it was when you lost it. If you were editing, the button would be there. If you were 'quick replying' the button would be with that window....etc etc

Unfortunately, if you can't find it by now, I fear you may have lost it for good.