Quirk with EDD/DIAD

scoutlover

Not really important, but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this in the board and how to stop it if you can. My route is basically a split route that's more than 50% different every day. A lot of times I will be given stops that I don't know if they are residential or commercial, and they'll throw them on the end of my dispatch. I'll scroll down and hit "details" on an address to see if it's a business name listed. Once I look, I'll hit big arrow back up, and little arrow down to the next one I need to look at repeat the process. In the morning time, when I big arrow back up, it leaves me on the EDD screen on the address I hit details on. But for some reason if I do it in the afternoon, when I big arrow back up, it jumps back to the start of EDD. So if I have 20 stops to look at and they're 10 pages down in EDD, that's 100's of button presses to figure it out. And yes I know people are gonna say go look at the package instead, but it's not much quicker when you are digging through 400 packages to find them. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

Sometimes if I run a certain neighborhood out of EDD order I scroll down to the start of that area and hit left arrow(I think)and it stays there after each stop instead of going back to the top. That what you mean?

oldngray

nowhere special
Sometimes if I run a certain neighborhood out of EDD order I scroll down to the start of that area and hit left arrow(I think)and it stays there after each stop instead of going back to the top. That what you mean?

You can bookmark it like that. I did that frequently.

johnoutdoors

It has to do with the commit time reminders. If you go to details before 10:10 it will leave you where you were. If you have airs left after that and it brings them to the top, you're good until the next commit, unless you are in a stop when the reminder hits. You must be in the EDD list to be able to stay on the stop you wanted to look at in details. If it does reset, take a residential saver and show the commit again. That will keep you at the stop. It also will mess you around if you have an OCA reminder pop up. As you all can tell, I have a residential route and a ton of time to think through all of the little, bothersome issues of the daily grind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It has to do with the commit time reminders. If you go to details before 10:10 it will leave you where you were. If you have airs left after that and it brings them to the top, you're good until the next commit, unless you are in a stop when the reminder hits. You must be in the EDD list to be able to stay on the stop you wanted to look at in details. If it does reset, take a residential saver and show the commit again. That will keep you at the stop. It also will mess you around if you have an OCA reminder pop up. As you all can tell, I have a residential route and a ton of time to think through all of the little, bothersome issues of the daily grind.

If your route is primarily residential why don't you designate the savers as residential so that they stay in EDD order?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Man oh man! What kind of route are you doing if you have 400 pieces and 80 plus stops and commercial late in the afternoon?

johnoutdoors

If your route is primarily residential why don't you designate the savers as residential so that they stay in EDD order?

I do hit res/com to make the saver's commit time disappear. But sometimes I forget that 10:10 is coming and am in a stop. It annoys me to not be able to look at the details without it popping back up to the top or the bookmark. If I hit res/com again, the commit for the saver shows up, the new alert at 1440 brings it to the top, then I have had another 4 and a half hours without the bother.

My route straddles a couple of towns and I have duplicate street names that I have to check on the consignee from time to time. It may seem like a lot of hassle for not much gain, but thinking around the silly corners that UPS puts our way entertains me for hours on end.

UPSGUY72

Not really important, but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this in the board and how to stop it if you can. My route is basically a split route that's more than 50% different every day. A lot of times I will be given stops that I don't know if they are residential or commercial, and they'll throw them on the end of my dispatch. I'll scroll down and hit "details" on an address to see if it's a business name listed. Once I look, I'll hit big arrow back up, and little arrow down to the next one I need to look at repeat the process. In the morning time, when I big arrow back up, it leaves me on the EDD screen on the address I hit details on. But for some reason if I do it in the afternoon, when I big arrow back up, it jumps back to the start of EDD. So if I have 20 stops to look at and they're 10 pages down in EDD, that's 100's of button presses to figure it out. And yes I know people are gonna say go look at the package instead, but it's not much quicker when you are digging through 400 packages to find them. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

In time you will gain area knowledge and know what addresses are Resi and which are business. Then when you get the EDD in the morning you can scroll through it and know what you have and know how you have to run the route.... Until then you'll just have to to deal with the lack of area knowledge....

Cementups

Box Monkey
I know exactly what you are talking about and I haven't figured out any rhyme or reason why it does this. I've been trying to figure it out for some time now.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
use the left arrow key. then hit details

as for commercial late in the afternoon...I don't know what candy-land your in but 4 outta 5 days a week I have at least 5 commercial stops that ORION has me delivering after 5. Hell I had a dentist's office and a bank today that ORION had me delivering at 7pm.

scoutlover

Man oh man! What kind of route are you doing if you have 400 pieces and 80 plus stops and commercial late in the afternoon?
A very, very sucky one!! It averages around 350 pieces but spikes up into the fours pretty often. It also goes out with 180-225 stops. Usually I've only got about 50 off by 3pm due to the nature of the route, and throughout the rest of my route there are a handful of businesses I have to break and get.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scoutlover

Ah! My man! I thought it might have something to do with commit times. I knew somebody else had to have noticed!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ORION should have those business stops separated if it was so good. Another fail for the so-called math geniuses!

Scoutlover, that route is a humper for sure.

scoutlover

In time you will gain area knowledge and know what addresses are Resi and which are business. Then when you get the EDD in the morning you can scroll through it and know what you have and know how you have to run the route.... Until then you'll just have to to deal with the lack of area knowledge....
Unfortunately that's not the case. I've been running this route (off and on) for 10 years. The problem is they have turned this route into the fire extinguisher route and instead of pushing and pulling neighboring work, they send me to areas that are blown out regardless of how far away it is. I have the same core businesses, but after that it's a crap shoot and my next stop could be an hour away. There are at least 30 other routes who's work has appeared on my route. Add to that we have a new dispatch supervisor who doesn't know what's commercial/residential, and you end up with my above problem!

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Unfortunately that's not the case. I've been running this route (off and on) for 10 years. The problem is they have turned this route into the fire extinguisher route and instead of pushing and pulling neighboring work, they send me to areas that are blown out regardless of how far away it is. I have the same core businesses, but after that it's a crap shoot and my next stop could be an hour away. There are at least 30 other routes who's work has appeared on my route. Add to that we have a new dispatch supervisor who doesn't know what's commercial/residential, and you end up with my above problem!

Sent using BrownCafe App

So you been running the route for 10 years ans still can't figure out by the number what is a business and or house call. If you don't know than run trace maybe they will fix the problem.

or

scoutlover

So you been running the route for 10 years ans still can't figure out by the number what is a business and or house call. If you don't know than run trace maybe they will fix the problem.

or
Been down that road. Used to be that if dispatch put businesses at the end of your route, you could run trace, miss them, and then the dispatch supervisor would be in hot water. Now they instruct us to go through our truck by 3pm and if anything is missed it's on us and there have been drivers disciplined for it. If the dispatch supervisor can't remember what's residential/commercial from day to day, how am I supposed to remember when I don't see some of the stuff but once a year?

Sent using BrownCafe App