quitting part time supervisor vacation pay

shortbuster

I saw a few threads about this but just want it made clear.. ive been a part time sup for about 6 months. I have two weeks of vacation scheduled but I'm thinking of putting in my two weeks after finishing school.. before my scheduled vacation comes up. Can i still get my vacation checks when i quit? Or is this a state law thing?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

alison_coviello.jpg

UPSGUY72

I saw a few threads about this but just want it made clear.. ive been a part time sup for about 6 months. I have two weeks of vacation scheduled but I'm thinking of putting in my two weeks after finishing school.. before my scheduled vacation comes up. Can i still get my vacation checks when i quit? Or is this a state law thing?

On your pay check does it state you have to weeks of vacation time. As an hourly are pay stubs state how much vacation time we have. I'm pretty sure your pay stub is the same as are so if it says you have vacation time on your stub you will be paid for any used time left if it doesn't say you have vacation time left your SOL.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

On your pay check does it state you have to weeks of vacation time. As an hourly are pay stubs state how much vacation time we have. I'm pretty sure your pay stub is the same as are so if it says you have vacation time on your stub you will be paid for any used time left if it doesn't say you have vacation time left your SOL.
Management checks don't have it. We also don't accrue vacation like you guys. We get like .02 days for everyday worked or something weird like that. So lets say you take a vacation this week, but you only accrued enough vacation for 4 days, you have to work enough days to make up for that 5th day, otherwise they yank it from your last check when you leave.

UPSGUY72

Management checks don't have it. We also don't accrue vacation like you guys. We get like .02 days for everyday worked or something weird like that. So lets say you take a vacation this week, but you only accrued enough vacation for 4 days, you have to work enough days to make up for that 5th day, otherwise they yank it from your last check when you leave.

That sucks...... Guess the OP is SOL....

UPSGUY72

Put in your two weeks and you use your two weeks vacation during those weeks.

If they give there two notice and then put in there two weeks vacation request and they don't have to weeks of vacation built up they not going to get two weeks off paid. They might still get the two weeks off just not paid.

the correct way too due it is to take the two weeks and paid and just not come back to work or come back.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If they give there two notice and then put in there two weeks vacation request and they don't have to weeks of vacation built up they not going to get two weeks off paid. They might still get the two weeks off just not paid.

the correct way too due it is to take the two weeks and paid and just not come back to work or come back.
They can still come after you for the pay you owe them.

shortbuster

Ya i can't schedule my vacation... i dont have enough seniority with other supervisors.. so y'all are sayin i cant get whats owed to me if i cant wait for the weeks they're scheduled? But i can get it if i have them scheduled?

UPSGUY72

Ya i can't schedule my vacation... i dont have enough seniority with other supervisors.. so y'all are sayin i cant get whats owed to me if i cant wait for the weeks they're scheduled? But i can get it if i have them scheduled?

You need to find out how much vacation time you have accrued. You are only owe what you have accrued not any that they will let you take in advance.... Find out how much vacation time you have accrued and that is what your are owed whether you take it or not...