quitting seasonal driving

Why should i have to? Plus way to be helpful, If you must know i'm having family issues and I really cant be out 12+ hr days with what i got going on.

PT Car Washer

Does anyone know how i can quit seasonal driving and go back to my sort? They say I can't but there should be a way to disqualify myself.
There is, but, you may not want to. Unless you have a lot of seniority. Even then it may come back on you. At least finish up this week. Next week you can take lay off.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
There is, but, you may not want to. Unless you have a lot of seniority. Even then it may come back on you. At least finish up this week. Next week you can take lay off.
I can almost guarantee you , you will be needed next week. There will be no "taking layoff" or 1 more week. Do what you need to do. Expect to take a lot of flack as seen by these posts. But good luck to you and your family issues. Some things in life are more important than others. Good luck and god bless

cb1969

Does anyone know how i can quit seasonal driving and go back to my sort? They say I can't but there should be a way to disqualify myself.

Yes, You can disqualify yourself. You will not be able to try again for and package driver job for two years. Get a shop steward and go to your center manager. Of course I would suggest to think long and hard about it. It is a very stressful job till you get to the point that they don't care about you as anything=g more than a tool. The loads will never get better, the days never shorter, the stops never less and management will never care. You can however change you outlook and till yourself I will do what I can, I will not kill myself for nothing, I will do only what I can and will tell management early in the day that I need help because today it is more than I can finish before I run out of hours...Just know we all get it, we all go through it and the only thing that changes is our mindset and the days start to go a lot smoother.....Good Luck

Well I went in this morning with my shop steward and our Union B.A. and singed a hand written note stating that i wish to disqualify myself from seasonal driving and return to preload, with the stipulation that im not eligible to apply for a full time driving job for a year. They tried the usual scare tactics but in the end i will be back on my sort in the morning. I asked to see the sign up sheet for the seasonal driving and they must have thrown it away because they never came up with a copy of it. From what i hear im not the first person in the state to drop out, several have and in Indy they had 42 seasonals walk out already. Thanks for the advice both good and bad, I'm just gonna have to watch out for the retaliation tactics for a little bit. I used to love working for Brown...........but my love is fading.

Back first

Well I went in this morning with my shop steward and our Union B.A. and singed a hand written note stating that i wish to disqualify myself from seasonal driving and return to preload, with the stipulation that im not eligible to apply for a full time driving job for a year. They tried the usual scare tactics but in the end i will be back on my sort in the morning. I asked to see the sign up sheet for the seasonal driving and they must have thrown it away because they never came up with a copy of it. From what i hear im not the first person in the state to drop out, several have and in Indy they had 42 seasonals walk out already. Thanks for the advice both good and bad, I'm just gonna have to watch out for the retaliation tactics for a little bit. I used to love working for Brown...........but my love is fading.
I you couldn't last 3 weeks during peak,you do not deserve to ever be considered for a future driving position. Everyone of us is working long hours this time of year. Suck it up like the rest of us!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
We had 4 seasonal's call in this Friday. 4 routes packed to the gills sat in the building. I heard management went out with drivers as helpers today to clean it. Good god I've never seen a peak like this. I hope next year it will be a lesson learned for planning yet being undermanned and over burdened is a time honored tradition at UPS.

Just Lurking

We had 4 seasonal's call in this Friday. 4 routes packed to the gills sat in the building. I heard management went out with drivers as helpers today to clean it. Good god I've never seen a peak like this. I hope next year it will be a lesson learned for planning yet being undermanned and over burdened is a time honored tradition at UPS.

Next year we will have one additional day between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The work will spread out more evenly. No additional planning needed. :happy-very:

40andOut

There will be no lesson learned unless UPS looses customers over the massive amount of service failures this year. If the quarterly profit statement ends up looking good because we ran an undermanned peak, the big wigs will consider their peak season plan a success.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
There will be no lesson learned unless UPS looses customers over the massive amount of service failures this year. If the quarterly profit statement ends up looking good because we ran an undermanned peak, the big wigs will consider their peak season plan a success.

Rule #1. It never managements fault. There a method, procedure, or work rule to cover any and every conceivable contingency real or imagined. In a company who management culture is built on "CYA, All Day, Everyday, in Every Way" it has and always comes down to blaming the workers. You just need to admit your wrong and do more faster.
:hamwheelsmilf: