Quitting the union...

bowhnterdon

I don’t begrudge anyone wanting to leave. I get it. I don’t like it, but I can understand not wanting to pay 1k a year and be told your vote doesn’t matter..

Time for change

I don’t begrudge anyone wanting to leave. I get it. I don’t like it, but I can understand not wanting to pay 1k a year and be told your vote doesn’t matter..
And to have someone with less or no seniority make way more than you after the show up to work bonus. Kind of hard to rationalize paying union dues after that.

F

Frankie's Friend

Then how the hell the rest of world that are not in union work and keep jobs?
Depends on what company it is and the degree you hold to work in that application.

You can make a lot more $/hr in HVAC work than at ups. But benefits may be the same or better depending on what field you work in. I have friends making $3000-$4000+ a week in hvac work.

The average hourly doesnt research the opportunities and many just apply for a job that will pay the bills, nothing more.

Where we work is a rare situation now days imo. Trade work is solid in other areas. Research the possibilities.
Many are too lazy to plan. I was.
I took two years of chemical engineering prerequisites in college and was bored to death so I quit school and went on the road with a band.

That is typically a dead end deal. But I learned a lot about life while I wasn't focused. Lol

Time for change

Because some of us like to work at places that don’t treat or pay us like illegal migrants.
I think you have to understand the union is part of the reason they do things the way they do though. With the union there, not much they can really do, so it’s just a way of pushing buttons. If the union was gone, you can bet they wouldn’t treat employees worse.