QVC/HSN Ladies

browniehound

Can a QVC lady be described as having a sickness like an alcoholic? For instance, you never get 1 QVC package to be delivered to a house that you never go to and then never go back there with a QVC package again. QVC's always go to the same houses on most days in the month and its always multiple packages on most days!

What is with these women? Like I said, its not just 1 piece. Its 3-5 parcels 3 days/week if not everyday. I would like to know if this has ever been documented as a obsession or compulsion (it obviously is!) or a description given by somebody outside UPS. I know these women's husbands describe it in a certain way.

At this one particular QVC stop the husband is incredibly embarrassed when I have to use a 2-wheeler to get his wife's QVC crap up the driveway. He always curses her out to me and offers he deepest apology that I have to deal with her 10-12 piece QVC shipment 2-3 days/week. I tell him no big deal and that I appreciate his help(he always lends his hand) getting the stuff up his driveway. I actually feel bad that he is embarrassed to see me.

Its usually the QVC ladies themselves that are embarrassed as they never come to the door from their TV dungeon to greet me. Would you show your face if all this total CRAP was delivered to your doorstep everyday? I mean its total CRAP that absolutely nobody actually NEEDS. It really is just CRAP but it looks good on TV to these women and they have to it. Its not unlike a heroin addict seeing dope and doing everything he can to get it.

What's everyone else experience with these "QVC ladies"? do you think its a disease?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had one that would get 20, 30, 40 a day. Husband finally called and the Clerk had to send them back before they even got on a truck in the morn. Strange family. 2 houses on the property. He lived in one and she drank all day and ordered stuff and lived in the other.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I used to deliver to a lady who instructed me to leave her 5-10 QVC packages in black trash bags she provided under a huge evergreen tree in her side yard.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had one that I left some rugs on her front porch and they stayed there for years. One day her garage was open and it was crammed full of nothing but QVC boxes, most of them looked like they were never opened. I have about a dozen houses that get deliveries every single days. I wonder about some of the people I deliver to.

bigbrownhen

Calling one of our biggest shippers' stuff "crap" is rather offensive. I have some very successful women on my route that order their clothing from QVC. They are very snazzy dressers. I agree that there are "hoarders" out there, but what about the ones who get Amazon deliveries daily? Is that stuff "crap" too? Those two companies keep alot of us employed.

Brownsfan

It used to be QVC crap boxes lol, that i delivered to the addicted woman, but now it seems the new drug or box of choice is amazon. I have one lady who sits on the couch and as i am delivering she is ordering more stuff. Its all good but shes in the boonies. Also i heard that the woman are so lonely that they just want someone to talk to and the QVC people always answer. Sad

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BBH is right. Not all QVC queens are hoarders but there ARE those that are. I can think of 2 customers right off the bat, 1 fits into each category. It's really to bad that someone isn't there to check on these people. And don't assume, Brownie, that they are only women. They aren't.

PS. I have ordered QVC and I have never had anything crappie.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am not a hoarder, but I LOVE ME SOME QVC!! I got my Vitamix, and my Kitchenaid stand mixer there with FREE SHIPPING(UPS, not surepost) and cheaper than I would have gotten anywhere else. The stand mixer is the 6 qt. professional model and I got it for $299. Ridiculously cheap. I just got the TODAY'S SPECIAL VALUE Kitchenaid hand mixer Tuesday. Buttercup color. How cute!! I think I need to change the channel. LOL!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
As is credibility. Dave.
Funny how you mention credibility just as you say you are working on you're issues. Apparently not, as you find it easier to accuse me of being dishonest. Trying to smear my name intentionally with innuendo, yet are to lazy to pick up the phone and call your own BA. 315-265-6125 should anyone want to confirm/deny anything I have said. Local 687 ask for Brian. Enjoy your corner, Dave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you think I was going to change overnight? Baby steps.

Tell Brian we miss him and that there is an all-you-can-eat buffet at the Holiday Inn every Sunday morning.:wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't get either channel with basic cable......so it's probably a good thing.

www.qvc.com, that'll fix you right up. I dont order from them much but anything I have has been top of the line.
I dont think OP was meaning QVC stuff is crap, I think in his case he is talking of the hoarding ladies, and its all crap when its not used.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have never ordered from QVC myself because no matter how good the "deal" is, with a bit of research I can usually find it cheaper somewhere else online.