R.I.P - Godspeed, John Glenn!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
American ambassador for Space and Science, Ohioan warrior, astronaut, politician, oldest man in space dies at 95.
One of my boyhood heroes and a man I held in high esteem who had all The Right Stuff.

He was the last of the original Mercury Seven to take that last flight into heaven.

“John Glenn is, and always will be, Ohio’s ultimate hometown hero, and his passing today is an occasion for all of us to grieve," said Ohio Gov. John R. Kasich. "As we bow our heads and share our grief with his beloved wife, Annie, we must also turn to the skies, to salute his remarkable journeys and his long years of service to our state and nation.

"Though he soared deep into space and to the heights of Capitol Hill, his heart never strayed from his steadfast Ohio roots. Godspeed, John Glenn!" Kasich said.

John Glenn, American hero, aviation icon and former U.S. senator, dies at 95

John Glenn.jpg

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I saw in the news earlier he went into the hospital but they didn't make it sound life threatening. I guess with his age and health history it didn't take much more.

R.I.P.

wkmac

Sad. RIP!

Had a slight bone to pick with John Glenn as at the time my brother wrote HazMat protocols for NASA and he had set me up to be on the Cape to watch STS-95 launch. When Glenn was named to the flight crew, I got bumped out by all the dignitaries coming for the launch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sad. RIP!

Had a slight bone to pick with John Glenn as at the time my brother wrote HazMat protocols for NASA and he had set me up to be on the Cape to watch STS-95 launch. When Glenn was named to the flight crew, I got bumped out by all the dignitaries coming for the launch.

So you were not allowed anywhere near Cape Canaveral?