R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman

moreluck

golden ticket member
This guy was on of my favorite actors.

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman has been found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his Manhattan apartment, law enforcement sources said Sunday.

Hoffman received the Academy Award for best actor in the film "Capote."

He was 46.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Philip Seymour Hoffman

He cracked me up in Along Came Polly, with all of his "bricks" on the BBall court....... (first time I ever heard about 'shart') during his tour of the art gallery.

The Talented Mr. Ripley was a favorite too.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My wife went to college with him and they lived in the same dorm for a year, her best friend used to make a little extra money doing laundry for Hoffman and his room mate, basically because they were too lazy to do it themselves :laughing2:. He was a phenomenal actor, it's really a shame.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Great talent. Liked his role in Capote. Article I read said he was clean for 23 years. Sad that it took him.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ok Dr Phil

No Doctor here, but I have ZERO sympathy for these "poor celebrities/sports stars" who get these addictions and then lose everything because they think they can do whatever the hell they want. Stay away from Illegal drugs, and odds of you living a long healthy life increase significantly.

No Doctor here, but I have ZERO sympathy for these "poor celebrities/sports stars" who get these addictions and then lose everything because they think they can do whatever the hell they want. Stay away from Illegal drugs, and odds of you living a long healthy life increase significantly.

What about sympathy for folks fighting the demon before they became a "poor celebrity/sports star"? He first sought help for addiction at the age of 22 BEFORE his acting career took off.