R.I.P. Steve Jobs

klein

Für Meno :)
Cancer has hit me hard recently, not myself, but a close relaltive in her early 30's.
I can't get over it, and I just threw up thinking about it. Docs only gave her 6 -12 mths to live, max.

brett636

No info comes in and none goes out. If you think about it sometimes being unplugged is what best for you at some moments.

I'm curious cuz I've seen that on my own phone. Is turning it off the same thing? What's the difference?[/QUOTE]

Basically it is disconnecting your phone from the network without turning it off. Can't send or recieved phone calls, txt messages, data, WiFi, nothing. Just runs the display and other programs like the music player and the calculator.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Only 56 years old, incredibly brilliant and way too young. Very sad.

An absolute genius. One has to admire how hard this man fought his disease and was still able to remain the driving force behind Apple. What a courageous individual.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Jobs was a brilliant inventor and businessman. The early Apples pioneered home computers. He managed to design excellant products and could charge more for them. The iPod revolutionized the music industry on his terms. The iPhone and iPads are tops in their fields. I enjoy this MacBook Air I am on right now that I don't ever plan on buying anything that has Microsoft running on it.

DS

Fenderbender
I was reading about Steve and ran across this.It sounded sagely profound .

"The juice goes out of Christianity when it becomes too based on faith rather than living like Jesus
or seeing the world as Jesus saw it ... I think different religions are different doors to the same house.
Sometimes I think the house exists, and sometimes I don't. It's the great mystery."