Racial Inequality in Pay

I’ve had discussions regarding the displeasure with not getting a raise with two different African American co workers this week. Both of these individuals have been employed with the company longer than myself. I was shocked to find out neither was topped out. I topped out four years ago. Can someone explain how this is not discrimination? If eliminating the performance review was due to alleged favoritism shouldn’t all individuals who may have possibly been treated unfairly for whatever reason be placed on the same pay scale as their coworkers with the same tenure.

I’ve had discussions regarding the displeasure with not getting a raise with two different African American co workers this week. Both of these individuals have been employed with the company longer than myself. I was shocked to find out neither was topped out. I topped out four years ago. Can someone explain how this is not discrimination? If eliminating the performance review was due to alleged favoritism shouldn’t all individuals who may have possibly been treated unfairly for whatever reason be placed on the same pay scale as their coworkers with the same tenure.
Hire a lawyer you deserve reparations

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Maybe they suck

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
My sister in law is black.

Her twin brother is black too.

They started a business together and do very well.

My brother is a stay at home dad.

They have jungle fever and are very happy.

I hate him because he drinks my beer.

I love my sister in law because she's sweet.

Her mom is hot.

That's all I got.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’ve worked with them for over two decades and can assure that they’re work ethic and dependability isn’t inferior to mine. I only see one difference between us. If it wasn’t clear in my op I’m white they are not.
You don’t know what their attendance was like, or their numbers onroad. That all affected reviews. I know plenty of Black people who got good reviews. Plus, you might not know the rest of their story.

You don’t know what their attendance was like, or their numbers onroad. That all affected reviews. I know plenty of Black people who got good reviews. Plus, you might not know the rest of their story.
I beg to differ. It’s a small station and we’re on the same belt. They don’t have a reputation of calling off or swings “blowing” out their routes. I only see one difference between them and me. I was literally shocked when I found out from speaking to one of them and then convicted after speaking to the other. It’s not right.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you have got to be joking......

maybe it has to do with merit. do you know what that means?

MAKAVELI

Merit was eliminated YEARS ago. Ttku
It was never about merit. It was always about if your manager liked you or not. When "performance" reviews affected raises it was definitely a good ol boys club and a lot of racists in management positions. They were forced to eliminate that way of determining raises because the laws finally caught up with the way FedEx treated its workers.

El Morado Diablo

It was never about merit. It was always about if your manager liked you or not. When "performance" reviews affected raises it was definitely a good ol boys club and a lot of racists in management positions. They were forced to eliminate that way of determining raises because the laws finally caught up with the way FedEx treated its workers.

The real reason they got rid of performance reviews was because the lawyers for employees who were fired by the company were using past good reviews against the company in court. This was a direct quote from a FedEx lawyer who came to my station for court depositions after one of my co-workers was fired.

MAKAVELI

The real reason they got rid of performance reviews was because the lawyers for employees who were fired by the company were using past good reviews against the company in court. This was a direct quote from a FedEx lawyer who came to my station for court depositions after one of my co-workers was fired.
Of course the FedEx lawyers would say that. I'm sure they are some real trustworthy people. 🙃

falcon back

People that got good reviews still do stupid stuff to get fired. Getting good reviews and being terminated have nothing to do with each other. Wrecks, falsification, stealing are all things I have seen excellent couriers get fired for. The very best courier I ever met got fired for using the station non-rev account number to ship personal packages. I bet those great reviews he previously got meant nothing when he lost his GFT.

El Morado Diablo

Of course the FedEx lawyers would say that. I'm sure they are some real trustworthy people. 🙃

While I agree, the comment wasn't made during the depositions. He said it off the record to one of the CSA's between depositions. He didn't seem to care one way or another. He was just doing his job.

In the end, my co-worker got a fraction of the money they were seeking from the company after being fired. I'm surprised they got anything because most of us felt they deserved to be fired.

yadig

I think FedEx is definitely racist! There hub is located in Memphis! They paint all there trucks white! There boxes are white! The outrage! Unfortunately, I’m betting that the majority of this sinking ship is brown/black. I’d like to know how many minorities work here now.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Talk about racism. In Reno/Sparks NV there is a guy who owns a bunch of Mickey D's and only hires blacks. No whites , no Hispanics.

No one says a thing.

The last time i ate at one I got sick so never going back.