Radio on diad?

Climbingtheladder

The other day I was delivering.my diad was hanging on my side, I accidentally kept hitting buttons getting out of the truck and when I got to the house I looked at my diad to scan the package it said turn radio on. Yes or no. I just hit no and kept going. Anyone know what this means?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
The radio function sends a signal to the nearest repeater. KGB will intercept the signal, decode it, and alert their handlers. The handlers will inform Moscow. After Moscow has orders for you, you'll see a green light on the diad.

oldngray

nowhere special
The other day I was delivering.my diad was hanging on my side, I accidentally kept hitting buttons getting out of the truck and when I got to the house I looked at my diad to scan the package it said turn radio on. Yes or no. I just hit no and kept going. Anyone know what this means?

You have the option to turn the DIAD radio off for when you are delivering in locations that don't want electronic interference (such as hospitals).

O

OLDMAN3

You won't get the annoying "go help" messages if the radio is off. In our center that move will cost you a warning letter. Might be worth the letter on the Friday before a vacation. Use sparingly.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
In mobile electronic devices the radio is the communications part of the device. In a smartphone it's the hardware that allows you to make calls, transmits and receives data, bluetooth, etc.

So, when you turn off the radio on your diad, think of it as putting your phone into airplane mode.

S

selfcancelsignal

"Shepherd ta lost sheep, shepherd ta lost sheep, come back..."

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The moment you turn the radio off, the GPS accuracy increases ten-fold.

Be very, very careful.
There is also a screen that will give you your exact GPS coordinates in case you needed to call in an air strike or something. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's one of the numbers that's not listed on the menu to choose from.