Rail trailers

O

OldSnake63

i have recently learned that UPS Freight has tooken a nationwide standing (and the union agrees) that all rail trailers will be picked up from the rail yard by local cartage drivers .

This thread applies to UPS Freight (Not UPS Small Package Feeder Drivers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, no on that. While we do have some trailers moved crosstown from railyard to railyard (that work was supposed to be brought into our work description,still waiting, nother story) but we still go to the railyards and pick up trailers destined for our buildings.

over9five

Staff member
Wow, that would be a LOT of Feeder drivers going back to Package if that happened.

raceanoncr

Don't know how the company and union can arbitrarily change the contract at will.

The Master Agreement states:

Art 26 (a):

"Merchandise that has been tendered by United Parcel Service to the railroad and moved by T.O.friend.C. will not subsequently be moved by the railroad, on the ground, to its final destination. Any exception to the above lanquage will be cases of emergency or cases where the railroad must ground the merchandise early to meet the company's committment. In these cases, every effort will be made to use UPS employees."

This appears to be a negotiated item that must be included or excluded in the next contract and voted on by the members.

O

OldSnake63

i should have made myself more clear .... this only pertains to ups freight inbound and outbound trailers . has nothing to do with any feeder operation

UPSFIKES

We do all the local(dock,and driving) work in little rock, but w l x brings us trailers from dallas,tx area. with that being said is this linehaul work now?

biger brown

work the dock if u want your 8

I have a grievance pending for national panel for September in San Diego on this issue. We have to two rail southern Pacific that's one mile from the terminal and BNSF about eight miles from the terminal and company having subcontractors bring rails to our yard.They also take empty back violating article 44. Old snake do you know when the city drivers are suppose to start doing the the rail work.

Wiggle Wagon

Has anybody here ever seen one of our rail trailers that actually had proper door ties?

Seems like there is always twine, rope, or sometimes nothing to hold the doors open. I love to deadline these pieces of crap.