RAIN WEAR for Package Car Drivers

dex319

I'm a package car driver wondering if anyone can help me find a decent website that sells waterproof brown colored (as best to be approved by management) rain wear. As drivers with routes, we all have those days when we get absolutely soaked by the rain after getting caught in that heavy downpour, and we've probably also thrown the DR bag over our heads too a few times. I want to be able to throw something light and waterproof over my pants and shirt, and then be able to remove quickly once storm passes.
I already mentioned this to my supervisor and he had no problem with it as long as it was as close to UPS brown as possible.
Any ideas on websites selling such apparel? Brown colored waterproof rain suits.
Thanks

TheDick

The jacket shell on the uniform req looks like gore-tex to me and doesnt make u sweat. But the pants i couldnt tellya. I bought the gore-tex uniform a long time ago.when Rodes of louisville KY was auth. to make them. Never needed any other wet-gear

dex319

I'm just looking for a pair of PANTS mainly. Something in a real thin pvc or urethrane material thats brown, light, and waterproof. There are tons of rainsuits out there but only one problem: they're all in BLACK....which is rediculous because i cannot find anything brown at all. If anyone can find something Brown - let me know!

helenofcalifornia

Goretex, baby, Goretex!!!! And since it never really gets below 45 here on a regular basis, shorts. My home is on route so if I get really wet, I can go home and change. Unless they come up with a new rule that says specifically, I can't deviate off EDD more than .25 miles.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I live in Western Oregon, one of the rainiest areas in the country, and I dont own rain pants or even an umbrella. I just wear shorts, a short-sleeved shirt, and a vest. When it rains, I get wet. If I tried to run my route in any sort of rain gear I would be soaked with sweat very quickly.

brownrodster

I'm a package car driver wondering if anyone can help me find a decent website that sells waterproof brown colored (as best to be approved by management) rain wear. As drivers with routes, we all have those days when we get absolutely soaked by the rain after getting caught in that heavy downpour, and we've probably also thrown the DR bag over our heads too a few times. I want to be able to throw something light and waterproof over my pants and shirt, and then be able to remove quickly once storm passes.
I already mentioned this to my supervisor and he had no problem with it as long as it was as close to UPS brown as possible.
Any ideas on websites selling such apparel? Brown colored waterproof rain suits.
Thanks

I'm in the great NorthWest. You don't get anywhere near as much rain as I do on almost a daily basis.

My rain gear consists of:

UPS pants
UPS short sleeve shirt
UPS vest
UPS ball cap.

over9five

Staff member
I never minded the rain, as long as I had my hat!

I did get a little grumpy when it rained and I didn't have a hat....

whiskey

I live in Western Oregon, one of the rainiest areas in the country, and I dont own rain pants or even an umbrella. I just wear shorts, a short-sleeved shirt, and a vest. When it rains, I get wet. If I tried to run my route in any sort of rain gear I would be soaked with sweat very quickly.
When I think of Oregon and running, I think of Steve Prefontaine. The free brown ponchos issued from UPS ended with the 97 strike. Polyester dries quick. No need for goretex.

Treegrower

I wear a heavy yellow rain slicker. Matching Yellow bib pants also when it's a hard driving rain. I get them as needed from the Electrical linesmen guys I see on the route. They are great for those heavy cold driving rains this time of year. For all the crazy nit-picking crap that mgt. does about sporh and miles and everything else. No one has ever said a word to me about wearing them. And yes they have seen me in them delivering on a few occasions. Wear whatever keeps you dry.

ACE

If you don't want to look like a penis. This is what we wear in SEA.
WEB-PRES.jpg
WEB-PRES.jpg

sportsman'sguide.com has a nice selection of rain proof, wind proof, and breathable outfits. Where we work, management won't leave the building if it's raining. Where whatever keeps you dry.

UPSGUY72

Thanks

Your UPS issued Jacket is waterproof and your uniform is made of material that drys quickly. IF your looking to stay completely dry when it's raining you should look for another job.

I rain jacket is only going to make you sweet thus defeating the purpose of staying dry. Also if the rain jacket is baggy it's just going to get in the way.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I think of Oregon and running, I think of Steve Prefontaine. The free brown ponchos issued from UPS ended with the 97 strike. Polyester dries quick. No need for goretex.

I graduated from the same high school (Marshfield) that Pre went to, and when my sister and I were young Pre's sister used to babysit us. The Prefontaine's only lived a couple of blocks away. I attended his memorial service in May of '75 after he died.

RanMan

I have a North Face dealer on my route that sells to me at their cost. I have a very light North Face jacket with zippers in the arm pits, it is a great jacket fo wear. The hood is adjustable so it fits my head and I can turn my head and the hood does also. I also have NF pants that have zippers on the side so you dont get hot. Worth the money. I hated our old rain jacket. It was an oven.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It rained all day where I work today. If its more than a light rain, I have got to where I pop an umbrella and walk the stop off. Laugh if you must, but I keep a lot drier than any raincoat. I used to take two raincoats and switch them whenever one soaked all the way through. My seat doesn't get wet either. The wide brim hat works better than the ball cap if you wear glasses. I just hate getting my feet wet.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I graduated from the same high school (Marshfield) that Pre went to, and when my sister and I were young Pre's sister used to babysit us. The Prefontaine's only lived a couple of blocks away. I attended his memorial service in May of '75 after he died.

I guess he died because of IE. You know, no one gets to make the decision when they die, they are just puppets of IE. :wink2: