Raise

Fixxxer

Does anyone know how the raises are calculated? Is it based on your performance score or does FedEx just come up with a percent?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
448EE8DD-4049-4F61-B4D3-04FA26F18FC6.jpeg

dezguy

Different up here in the North I suppose
Yes, up here, our raise are still based on our review score. Anything above 6.7, you get the max raise. 6.6-6.2 is usually half a percent lower than max. 6.2-5.7 is the lowest raise. 5.7 and below, you don't get a raise and are probably on your way out.

Fixxxer

Yes, up here, our raise are still based on our review score. Anything above 6.7, you get the max raise. 6.6-6.2 is usually half a percent lower than max. 6.2-5.7 is the lowest raise. 5.7 and below, you don't get a raise and are probably on your way out.

Do you know if there is anyway/anywhere to know our current performance score or do we just have to wait for our review to find out? I know what my score is from last year but don’t know what it’s changed to since.

dezguy

Do you know if there is anyway/anywhere to know our current performance score or do we just have to wait for our review to find out? I know what my score is from last year but don’t know what it’s changed to since.
You should get your review score after your check ride.

BootsOnTarmac

That's the way it was in the US many years ago. You had a reason to keep your lates, and sick days to a minimum. You sat down with your manager and discussed your performance (review) and safety to receive a score that affected your pay raise (percentage). I liked this system because it put you above the deadbeat low performing employee doing the same job.

dezguy

That's the way it was in the US many years ago. You had a reason to keep your lates, and sick days to a minimum. You sat down with your manager and discussed your performance (review) and safety to receive a score that affected your pay raise (percentage). I liked this system because it put you above the deadbeat low performing employee doing the same job.
It works both ways. It sucks when your managers lazy golf buddies, who get to leave behind their :censored2:ty stops and take the bare minimum while others are expected to go out over stop count, get a 6.7 because this system allows managers to play favourites.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It works both ways. It sucks when your managers lazy golf buddies, who get to leave behind their :censored2:ty stops and take the bare minimum while others are expected to go out over stop count, get a 6.7 because this system allows managers to play favourites.

THEN: bad manager could play with scores and the bad employee would get a raise no matter how lousy he was.

NOW: bad manager has no control and the bad employee still gets a raise no matter how lousy he is.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
THEN: bad manager could play with scores and the bad employee would get a raise no matter how lousy he was.

NOW: bad manager has no control and the bad employee still gets a raise no matter how lousy he is.
And this benefits the company, how?

It simply reinforces that there is absolutely no reason to do any more than the bare minimum.
Parity achieved because the company shot itself in the foot. What a great way to do business.

P1 Failure

When they did away with the performance test it was a sad day. Now most drivers don’t know how to do a proper pup,a simple delivery or how to open and process a dropbox. But hey whatever.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And this benefits the company, how?

It simply reinforces that there is absolutely no reason to do any more than the bare minimum.
Parity achieved because the company shot itself in the foot. What a great way to do business.

LOL, the effort to do anything more than the bare minimum ended before the performance-based raises did.