Raises coming October 1st

Winefer2

Our DM arrived this morning to announce our 3 % raise effective October 1st..
See a rise of .50 - $1.00 per your scale ... We kinda laughed as he stopped the sort to make this announcement - already behind an hour due to delays from MEMH ...

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Pipe down and be everlastingly grateful that you work for the greatest company in the greatest country in the whole entire world!....Ingrate :hot:

Oldfart

Wait so we are only getting a 3% raise this year not 6%? That's barely 60 cents.
See the chart they released last year. I believe you will see most steps are getting close to a 5% raise. The OP might be talking about the 3% raise that people in step 10 are getting.

SmithBarney

Wait so we are only getting a 3% raise this year not 6%? That's barely 60 cents.

No your getting 3% on top of the your Step.... so the whole step scale is sliding up 3%.

So roughly between 9-10% in my case... everyones overall percentage is slightly different depending on what step you are.

!Retired!

When the new scale gets posted in your station, you will see what you get.

If the scale doesn't change from last year, you will get what equals to ~5% raise. Couriers already at step 10, or higher, will get 3%. According to the memo my manager had, those going from step 9 to step 10 will get an additional 3%.

Yomama11

Different Dm's are telling different things. This option would be most benificial out of the possibilities that have been mentioned.

Maui

No your getting 3% on top of the your Step.... so the whole step scale is sliding up 3%.

So roughly between 9-10% in my case... everyones overall percentage is slightly different depending on what step you are.

That is not happening. Steps remain unchanged, except Step 10. Nothing communicated indicates otherwise.

MAKAVELI

Yeah. The step chart will be posted on the intranet October 1st.

IMO, anyone that thinks FedEx is going to give 8-9%+ raises must have missed the past 15 years.
I didn't expect them to put in an actual step system either. But here we are. This is the game now. Put out a little info and misinformation then at the last minute tell us what the actual plan is.

MAKAVELI

Yeah. The step chart will be posted on the intranet October 1st.

IMO, anyone that thinks FedEx is going to give 8-9%+ raises must have missed the past 15 years.
I don't think anyone should expect a 8-9%+ raise but a small bump in the steps if they are giving the top a raise shouldn't be out of the question.

BigDRTD

If they don't adjust the steps every year but continue to give people topped out 3% mid range employees will still never top out.

BootsOnTarmac

I have said before, the step chart is pure FedEx Express genius. The chart only shows what step people are in for the current Fiscal Year (FY16). The FY17 chart coming this October can show whatever FedEx decides each step will be. They can adjust any step that they see fit. They can freeze the steps or apply a percentage raise to any step they want. In the past we were all "Percent of Range" and any increase was presented to the whole range with exceptions for the topped out employees. Or not. We will all know how this boils out when we see the change in our paychecks next month.

El Morado Diablo

I think they built in a possible 3% top of range pay action into the steps last year. Steps 1 thru 9 had uniform 5.1% pay increases. Step 9 to 10 had < 3.9% increase? Why the difference?

I think it's because the company saved money on the topped out couriers in stations that were bumped up a market level. Instead of keeping them topped out at Step 10 they were slotted at Step 9.

They also saved money on the Step 10 folks with the 1.2% less difference between the Step 9 to Step 10 compared to the rest of the levels. So giving them a 3% increase this year is more like giving them a 1.8% raise.

The last thing to consider is what percentage of couriers are actually in the Step 4 to Step 8 range? In our station about 20% of the couriers are topped out. They are all 20+ year employees. After that the next highest in seniority has around 9 years and was Step 2. It could be 5+ steps before a majority of couriers are in the top step levels. Who knows what changes will be made by then?

BigDRTD

IMG_1255.PNG
???
How's that?
Here is the chart for my station. If people that are topped out get 3% that will put them at $30.78. If I move from say step 3 to step 4 I will be at $21.82. Only getting.28 vents closer to the new top after people already topped out get 3%.