Raises

AB831

Since Christmas season started in April this year, can we expect to see some form of compensation (aka raises) in October? Or will they tell us how much of a hit they took due to the increase in residential deliveries and then act like humanitarians for providing us with employment at all? My guess is the second option, but what do folks who have been around for a few more rodeos think?

dezguy

Since Christmas season started in April this year, can we expect to see some form of compensation (aka raises) in October? Or will they tell us how much of a hit they took due to the increase in residential deliveries and then act like humanitarians for providing us with employment at all? My guess is the second option, but what do folks who have been around for a few more rodeos think?
FedEx is going to use the pandemic as a reason to not give raises. Even though it's like peak, FedEx will simply say they spent too much on cleaning and sanitizing stations and supplying us with PPE and cleaning supplies.

AB831

FedEx is going to use the pandemic as a reason to not give raises. Even though it's like peak, FedEx will simply say they spent too much on cleaning and sanitizing stations and supplying us with PPE and cleaning supplies.
LOL what PPE and cleaning supplies? They gave us ONE bottle of hand sanitizer and that was it.

MassWineGuy

You’re joking, right?

I’d guess that the “generous” two percent raise we got recently will be it for at least two years.

AB831

You’re joking, right?

I’d guess that the “generous” two percent raise we got recently will be it for at least two years.
Lmao, you’re probably right. I guess I’m just wondering how they’re going to reinvest some of the money they’ve been making hand over fist for the past 6 weeks.

Damon77

If we were getting raises this year, they would have done it last month in order to garner positive press when everyone was calling for essential workers to be paid more during the pandemic.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred S giving up his “salary” was the positive press for the quarter. Sorry, no raises.
Fred S. sucks.

Giving up his “salary” was just an exercise in stroking his own ego. He'll make that money back at the employees expense come hell or high water.

bacha29

Fred S. sucks.

Giving up his “salary” was just an exercise in stroking his own ego. He'll make that money back at the employees expense come hell or high water.
Indeed. He may have agreed to a short term suspension of his base salary but I didn't see anything made public about his options, bonuses or activity of any privately held holding companies tied to fedex that he may have a stake in.
All just juicy PR designed for people who never question what they're told.

zeev

No more raises at Express it is being phased out like “last mile” just saw a picture of new Ground center all the money is going to owner operator model also elimination of all the Express mgt. overhead may be over.