Raising Awareness for Blind People

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did they even offer you guys outdoor seating? Hopefully a lot of locals see this.
That's discrimination too. My wife should be able to wash her hands and use the restroom. It was 88 degrees at the time, we weren't going to leave a $40K dog in a hot car. The restaurant manager answering the phone when the reporter called is priceless. The Mayor's office and police department's response was what really ticked us off. Why have federal Americans with Disabilities Act laws when local governments don't enforce them?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I tried to take my wife to lunch last week, she is legally blind with a guide dog. We were on the Atlanta news last night.

Sad thing is, there are so many people trying to abuse this that when people who have the legitimate need and right bring their REAL service dog, it causes problems. So many people think they should be able to bring their pet everywhere. Sorry this happened to your wife @scratch. Hopefully, it will never happen again.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Sad thing is, there are so many people trying to abuse this that when people who have the legitimate need and right bring their REAL service dog, it causes problems. So many people think they should be able to bring their pet everywhere. Sorry this happened to your wife @scratch. Hopefully, it will never happen again.

My town has a local FB page, that town probably does too. Tell the story there, tell people not to go there.
Hit him in the pocketbook!
The people with fake service dogs do make it hard for people who really rely on them. Finnegan was attacked in Lowes about six months back by a customer with five dogs off-leash. The manager and corporate Lowes did nothing. This was the first time in three years that my wife was discriminated against since getting a guide dog. The dog gives her mobility that a white cane does not. We were sixty miles away from home in our old hometown. There is a local Facebook page I posted it on, 99% of people are decent people.

DriverNerd

The people with fake service dogs do make it hard for people who really rely on them. Finnegan was attacked in Lowes about six months back by a customer with five dogs off-leash. The manager and corporate Lowes did nothing.
I'm sure those five dogs were "emotional support dogs" :rolleyes2:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pet Smart is the worst they encourage people to bring their Ill mannered pets into the store Saturday morning is like a roving dog fight. cats squealing and hissing
Took my dog their once because I didn’t know any better Hes afraid to go back
3909E224-D818-4C46-A755-8B6F7DBF3B56.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
Pet Smart is the worst they encourage people to bring their Ill mannered pets into the store Saturday morning is like a roving dog fight. cats squealing and hissing
View attachment 388154

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Finnegan is just a pet dog when he doesn't have his guide harness on. Once he goes in harness, he is all business. Guide dogs have to be able to make critical safety decisions, he problem solves. He stops at curbs, walks around overhead obstacles, he knows if a car is about to back out of a parking space. If he thinks my wife is in danger, he will get in front of her and block her progress. His eyes become her eyes. He has an amazing memory too, he finds things in the grocery store for her. We don't take him to our local Lowes or Home Depot anymore because of other people's dogs. Pet Smart and other pet stores are the worse, all those dogs marking their territory drive him crazy. I wouldn't buy anything on the bottom shelf in any of those stores.