Rampant Falsification

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's become obvious that the falsification issue is much more widespread than the naysayers might think. Deliveries and pickups during the 13/14 cycle, and fake Code 8's on ISR's and DSR's immediately come to mind.

Every courier I talk to confirms that this is going on. So far, I've talked with individuals in 4 states and 13 stations. All of them think that management knowingly lets this happen because it pumps-up the numbers and allows people to actually get it all done every day.

Whatever the rationale, this is just plain wrong on so many levels. First, employees are working for free. Second, they are setting themselves up for termination if a customer ever questions their "signature" or pick-up time. Third, it's just ethically wrong to fake signatures. Fourth, it's crazy to send couriers out with more work than they can safely handle. Sooner or later, something bad will happen.

I would guess that all of this is common knowledge right up to MT3 and beyond, so what does that say about the integrity of FedEx? Not much.

Eventually, someone will sue (probably a customer) and the witchhunt will begin. All it takes is for a manager to follow you on one 13/14 cycle to confirm whether or not you're doing this.

LTFedExer

It's become obvious that the falsification issue is much more widespread than the naysayers might think. Deliveries and pickups during the 13/14 cycle, and fake Code 8's on ISR's and DSR's immediately come to mind.

Every courier I talk to confirms that this is going on. So far, I've talked with individuals in 4 states and 13 stations. All of them think that management knowingly lets this happen because it pumps-up the numbers and allows people to actually get it all done every day.

Whatever the rationale, this is just plain wrong on so many levels. First, employees are working for free. Second, they are setting themselves up for termination if a customer ever questions their "signature" or pick-up time. Third, it's just ethically wrong to fake signatures. Fourth, it's crazy to send couriers out with more work than they can safely handle. Sooner or later, something bad will happen.

I would guess that all of this is common knowledge right up to MT3 and beyond, so what does that say about the integrity of FedEx? Not much.

Eventually, someone will sue (probably a customer) and the witchhunt will begin. All it takes is for a manager to follow you on one 13/14 cycle to confirm whether or not you're doing this.
Bull. Ask anyone in my station if they work through their lunch and you'll get a resounding 'Hell No'.

Anyone willing to falsify for a package or some numbers on a piece of paper deserves to be fired. Is it happening? I'm sure it is. But, nowhere near the extent you say it is.

snackdad

I complained about it for years as a member of the safety committee. For my concerns and actions I was terminated. Easier to shoot the messenger than to address the root of the problem. There are reports to find out who is manually entering POD's but those reports are never run. Why get in the way of free labor and increased productivity=manager payouts. Following a courier during their lunch breaks would work also. But why find the truth if you are benefiting from it continuing. Our station employees go as far as having false barcode labels hidden on the walls of their trucks so we can sweep our drop boxes while on the unpaid breaks and have a way to scan them in later. I could go on and on about all the methods we use to cheat through our day. Management knows all about it and with their lack of concern and blind eyes, condones it. This is all to keep the harassment under control and the OLCC's and letters at bay. The current productivity goals are unobtainable without falsification for most. We all just want to go home at the end of the day and not trans-load and stay out all night.

snackdad

To LTFedExer, I am glad your station is better than mine. Our station is run like its own little fiefdom with no regard for what is normal and customary at FedEx. Does that seem extreme, yes, but most people have no idea of how badly my station is run.
You are lucky and I envy the fact that you work in the FedEx I used to enjoy when I started many years ago. We went for weeks without toilet paper and even drinking water. Employees started bringing in their own toilet paper!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bull. Ask anyone in my station if they work through their lunch and you'll get a resounding 'Hell No'.

Anyone willing to falsify for a package or some numbers on a piece of paper deserves to be fired. Is it happening? I'm sure it is. But, nowhere near the extent you say it is.

I think it's extremely widespread, and we'll have to agree to disagree.

LTFedExer

To LTFedExer, I am glad your station is better than mine. Our station is run like its own little fiefdom with no regard for what is normal and customary at FedEx. Does that seem extreme, yes, but most people have no idea of how badly my station is run.
You are lucky and I envy the fact that you work in the FedEx I used to enjoy when I started many years ago. We went for weeks without toilet paper and even drinking water. Employees started bringing in their own toilet paper!
I'll say this. The station I am CURRENTLY at would describe my previous post. My last 2 stations, welllll......I'm not so sure.
I think it's extremely widespread, and we'll have to agree to disagree.
Yes, we can agree to disagree. But, all you need is ONE employee getting fired for doing it and it would stop. real quick.

newgirl

I'll say this. The station I am CURRENTLY at would describe my previous post. My last 2 stations, welllll......I'm not so sure.

Yes, we can agree to disagree. But, all you need is ONE employee getting fired for doing it and it would stop. real quick.

We never know what people get fired for at our station. They don't come back and tell us. I was shocked at what some folks in my station are doing.

And snackdad, did you call the Alert line? No toilet paper sounds like someone was stealing money from the till. At our station the cleaning service orders the supplies, that's in their contract. I've seen a lot of managers and Senior managers get fired for taking station budget money, and getting kickbacks from the cleaning people and the snack machine people.

LTFedExer

We never know what people get fired for at our station. They don't come back and tell us. I was shocked at what some folks in my station are doing.

And snackdad, did you call the Alert line? No toilet paper sounds like someone was stealing money from the till. At our station the cleaning service orders the supplies, that's in their contract. I've seen a lot of managers and Senior managers get fired for taking station budget money, and getting kickbacks from the cleaning people and the snack machine people.
They may not come right out and say 'so and so was terminated for this reason'. But, everyone will always find out. I know the reason every person that has been fired in the station I was working at the time. I still keep in touch and hear about more people getting fired for stealing, falsifying or whatever. Some people just never learn.