Rand Paul's Amazing Meltdown

unionman

Rand Paul's amazing meltdown in his first week as the GOP Senate nominee in Kentucky raises serious questions about media conspiracies -- not because the network talking heads decided to ask him tough questions, but because they waited to pose those challenges until after he'd won his primary and the Republicans were stuck with him.

http://www.aolnews.com/opinion/arti.../opinion-rand-pauls-amazing-meltdown/19488905

Nevertheless, there is simply no excuse for Paul's appalling (or, one might say, apPauling) handling of these early confrontations with the press. The most devastating moment came at the beginning of his exchange with Stephanopoulos when the Republican nominee responded to an aggressive question with a painfully long, deer-in-the-headlights moment of silence, followed by the plaintive bleat: "Good morning, George, good morning, Robin. When does my honeymoon period start? I had a big victory. I thought I got a honeymoon period from you guys in the media." The candidate then compounded his problems by canceling a scheduled appearance on "Meet the Press" -- only the third time in 62 years an announced guest had pulled out (the other no-shows were Louis Farrakhan and Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia -- a cult leader and a petro-potentate).

Rand Paul's amazing meltdown in his first week as the GOP Senate nominee in Kentucky raises serious questions about media conspiracies -- not because the network talking heads decided to ask him tough questions, but because they waited to pose those challenges until after he'd won his primary and the Republicans were stuck with him.

http://www.aolnews.com/opinion/arti.../opinion-rand-pauls-amazing-meltdown/19488905

Nevertheless, there is simply no excuse for Paul's appalling (or, one might say, apPauling) handling of these early confrontations with the press. The most devastating moment came at the beginning of his exchange with Stephanopoulos when the Republican nominee responded to an aggressive question with a painfully long, deer-in-the-headlights moment of silence, followed by the plaintive bleat: "Good morning, George, good morning, Robin. When does my honeymoon period start? I had a big victory. I thought I got a honeymoon period from you guys in the media." The candidate then compounded his problems by canceling a scheduled appearance on "Meet the Press" -- only the third time in 62 years an announced guest had pulled out (the other no-shows were Louis Farrakhan and Prince Bandar of Saudi Arabia -- a cult leader and a petro-potentate).
I'm not too concerned with Rand Paul, I'll leave that up to the voters in Kentucky.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
David Duke ran in Louisiana, but I take your point. I do not think that Rand Paul is anywhere near as bad as David Duke however. Duke was/is a committed racist, Paul just seems to be a political neophyte who is finding out that some ideas sound better in an ivory tower debate than they do in the real world.

In other words he is a redneck Republican that needs to watch what beliefs he utters out of his stupid pie hole.
In your hate filled words ....maybe. The only thing I have heard about Rand Paul was over businesses being allowed to refuse service to people they decided was not who they wanted in their business. I don't know exactly what all he said about it so I can't comment except to say, given the right circumstances I think they should be able to make that decision.
Other than that, I aint got no opinion on the matter.

David Duke ran in Louisiana, but I take your point. I do not think that Rand Paul is anywhere near as bad as David Duke however. Duke was/is a committed racist, Paul just seems to be a political neophyte who is finding out that some ideas sound better in an ivory tower debate than they do in the real world.
The only thing I know about Duke is that he was the grand papoo (or whatever the term is) of the KKK and his attitude is that of a true racist. I wouldn't vote for him to be dog catcher if he had the only truck in the county.

klein

Für Meno :)
I can't care less, all I hear over and over again, on CNN, is that the democrats have an early Christmas present, with him being elected.

bbsam

Staff member
But David Duke was also a polished politician. So going forward Paul will need to learn to parse his words carefully, Duke already had that skill down.

klein

Für Meno :)
Quit listening to CNN !!

Do you actually know CNN is not the same by each country ?
Totally different in Mexico. And , I believe they have different news and programming here, too.

There newest slogan is, being political neutral, and get the full truth. Unbias and all.
But, it does match up with the normal news I get here, even though much is missing. Like the Khandahar attack.

It was actually a 100% Canadian base, with more then 3000 Canucks in it. They handed it over to Nato, just last year (I think)... because we are pulling out next year.
So, it was actually a big attack on Canadians... since thats our big base and territory there.
Even a Tim Hortons in the base !

But, ofcourse, that never got mentioned on CNN.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Do you actually know CNN is not the same by each country ?
Totally different in Mexico. And , I believe they have different news and programming here, too.

There newest slogan is, being political neutral, and get the full truth. Unbias and all.
But, it does match up with the normal news I get here, even though much is missing. Like the Khandahar attack.

It was actually a 100% Canadian base, with more then 3000 Canucks in it. They handed it over to Nato, just last year (I think)... because we are pulling out next year.
So, it was actually a big attack on Canadians... since thats our big base and territory there.
Even a Tim Hortons in the base !

But, ofcourse, that never got mentioned on CNN.

"Oh Canada..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIyYfgi3_j4

wkmac

Defend the Scoundrels, Rand!

I would like to offer libertarianism in one sentence. The most succinct formulation of libertarianism I can think of is this:
Other people are not your property. In other words: They are not yours to boss around. Their lives are not yours to micromanage. The fruits of their labour are not yours to dispose of. It doesn't matter how wise or marvelous or useful it would be for other people to do whatever it is you'd like them to do. It is none of your business whether they wear their seatbelts, worship the right god, have sex with the wrong people, or engage in market transactions that irritate you. Their choices are not yours to direct. They are human beings like yourself, your equals under Natural Law. You possess no legitimate authority over them. As long as they do not themselves step over the line and start treating other people as their property, you have no moral basis for initiating violence against them ' nor for authorising anyone else to do so on your behalf.

Roderick T. Long, Professor of Philosophy, Auburn University

source

Neither Rand Paul nor Rachel Maddow (and yes even Ron Paul at times) truly understand and except the above so there you go!