Randy Quaid & the Mrs.

rod

Retired 22 years
He was on my favorite actor list------notice I said was. Now I won't be able to watch his Nat. Lampoon movies in the same light.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Keep in mind we don't know all the details. I like 'ol Randy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ol Randy should know better ....... you have to pay the hotel bill after running up $10,000.00 in Santa Barbara.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Felony charges dropped against actor Randy Quaid

1 hr 14 mins ago

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Randy Quaid won't have to worry about missing any more court appearances after prosecutors dropped felony charges Wednesday against the actor.
Quaid's wife Evi, however, will be on probation for three years after she pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of defrauding an innkeeper. She also will have to perform 240 hours of community service.
"This is a very fair resolution of the matter," said attorney Robert Sanger, who represents the couple. "The Quaids are pleased with the disposition."
The couple had been charged with defrauding an innkeeper of more than $10,000 as well as conspiracy and burglary after an invalid credit card was used at San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Arnie Tolks said an invalid card also was used at The Biltmore, a luxury resort in Santa Barbara.
Prosecutors had a strong circumstantial case against Randy Quaid, but his wife was more involved with the transactions in question so charges were dropped against the actor, Tolks said.
"He really had very little to do with the ongoing negotiations and the attempts by the hotel to get payment," Tolks said, adding both businesses had been repaid.
Randy Quaid is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the older brother of Dennis Quaid.
The case was filed in September and prompted a legal saga that saw the couple arrested in Texas and California.
They missed several court appearances and were briefly jailed Monday after they showed up in court two weeks after missing their last scheduled hearing.
Evi Quaid intends to work with the homeless for her community service, Sanger said.
She won't be required to return to court unless she violates her probation.

satellitedriver

He has a place -( in Texas place means a farm/ranch)- in my county.
On the street, you would not know him from any other local of the county.
Just another Joe hiding out in the Sabine River bottoms.
That is not a compliment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
These people who think they are 'special' make me sick!! They need 2 straight jackets for this pair !! Nobody takes court seriously anymore.

clueless

Maybe Randy Quaid with all his talk about being in fear of the 'starwhackers' wasn't so crazy afterall:

Famed publicist Ronni Chasen died after being shot five times in Beverly Hills early Tuesday morning....

...Police called to the scene said Chasen was "in and out of consciousness, but breathing," according to RadarOnline.com. She was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.

Earlier that night, Chasen -- as always a presence on the red carpet eagerly tending to her clients' interests -- attended the premiere of Burlesque....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ronni-chasen-64-shot-killed-45901

Six Hollywood Casting Directors Receive Death Threats

Backstage, the theatrical publication, reports today that six Hollywood casting directors received death threats on November 7th....

...The report says that five casting directors, all at studios, received the death threats by phone. Their union rep was immediately notified, and he put out a industry wide notice immediately asking for any other instances. A sixth casting director reported a similar threat. The local police were informed immediately.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/11/17/six-hollywood-casting-directors-receive-death-threats