Rant: Drivers refusing to do their jobs!

Overpaid Union Thug

Ill defend them and do a great job. For as stupid and entitled as they are I've got a whole line of Bullschitt that I can say to stall the progressive discipline.

I say let them burn. You could always say "I don't get time for protecting your sorry ass from yourself." LOL! They don't deserve a job making $32/hr if they won't even do whats required of them. If I were a steward I would make sure that they got their due process but that's all they'd deserve. Management usually protects them anyway so it doesn't really matter. One can get away with almost anything as long as they look good on paper and don't do anything that catches the attention of the district or regional staff.
Sounds like somebody in the office is trying to hide something (regarding not scanning misloads)

Yep. And the drivers are hiding them so that they won't be told to deliver them. Pathetic sum bags.

browned_out

I say let them burn. You could always say "I don't get time for protecting your sorry ass from yourself." LOL! They don't deserve a job making $32/hr if they won't even do whats required of them. If I were a steward I would make sure that they got their due process but that's all they'd deserve. Management usually protects them anyway so it doesn't really matter. One can get away with almost anything as long as they look good on paper and don't do anything that catches the attention of the district or regional staff.

Yep. And the drivers are hiding them so that they won't be told to deliver them. Pathetic sum bags.

This seems to be the norm, most times when I am missing a package it shows up the next day with no markings (service cross) and a new pal over the previous one.

Overpaid Union Thug

This seems to be the norm, most times when I am missing a package it shows up the next day with no markings (service cross) and a new pal over the previous one.

If management REALLY wanted to stop this problem they could. Not hard. Or if drivers would just do their jobs that we are paid the equivalent of a masters degree salary to do then everything would be fine.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This little rant is about drivers that refuse to do their jobs correctly.

And when you are promoted to management.... Your opinion might matter.

Notice the special emphasis I put on the TEAM in Teamsters.

Ok.... You are a big "Teamster"

I say let them burn. You could always say "I don't get time for protecting your sorry ass from yourself." LOL! They don't deserve a job making $32/hr if they won't even do whats required of them. If I were a steward I would make sure that they got their due process but that's all they'd deserve. Pathetic sum bags.

Company smile* A**

If management REALLY wanted to stop this problem they could. Not hard. Or if drivers would just do their jobs that we are paid the equivalent of a masters degree salary to do then everything would be fine.

Really ??

​-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
We cannot scan misloads anymore in my center. We have to do it the old fashion way and send a message in. It drives me crazy we have the technology but they won't let us use it.

I had 5 misloads and scanned them all and sent them with the misload scanner option. Was told not to do that, as that automatically goes on a report and gets the preload in trouble.

Their problem, not mine.

barnyard

KTM rider

We have had so many, that supes are checking loads at the end of the day to find unreported misloads. We were PCM'd about it and told that unreported misloads would result in progressive discipline.

FilingBluesFL

We have had so many, that supes are checking loads at the end of the day to find unreported misloads. We were PCM'd about it and told that unreported misloads would result in progressive discipline.

Been there, done that too in our center.

Personally, I LOOOOOVVEEEE finding a misload, especially when someone in the line next to me is about 30 minutes away from where I'm at lol

Or on a route with a good lunch spot ;) ;)

I don't know what's so hard about making such good money to deliver a misload.

Overpaid Union Thug

Been there, done that too in our center.

Personally, I LOOOOOVVEEEE finding a misload, especially when someone in the line next to me is about 30 minutes away from where I'm at lol

I don't know what's so hard about making such good money to deliver a misload.

Exactly!!!!!!! Or whats so hard about doing anything else that we are paid good money to do? LOL!

And when you are promoted to management.... Your opinion might matter.

Ok.... You are a big "Teamster"

Company smile* A**

Really ??

​-Bug-

One of two things happened here......A) you are one of the people that I have described and that's why you have aimlessly insinuated that I'm a company man wanting to join management or B) You clearly missed the point of my rant. I am going with A) and therefore don't see the need to waste time responding to each of your ridiculous comments. Good day!

barnyard

KTM rider

I LOVE when that happens. Particularly if I find it before I have had lunch.

I used to pack a lunch every day, now I never do. Getting out of the truck, reading the paper and eating at a relaxed pace with a bathroom nearby. That is the way to take break.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I run every single one of my mis loads. I report them,then go run them. I was 3 hours Overallowed for Three consecutive days due to my practice of Making Service a couple of weeks ago.I also went WAY over 9.5 those three days so that factored into a grievance for the week. THAT got some attention let me tell you! The preload supes now go thru my truck every morning,but if a misload somehoe slips thru you betcha I run it,no matter far off area it is.

MethodsMan

So how is ORION supposed to take into account misloads? Save all those miles using their new system only to have to run off a misload 20 miles away.

DERP!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Happening in my hub as well, although here CMs and on-roads are meeting drivers at the air wall, as a lot of drivers try to conveniently dispose of the misloads with their smallest and airs.

I really don't understand this issue, except MAYBE in a center like upschick's, where the center manager has ordered everyone not to do it; it's not right, and seeing how scanning misloads is a corporate directive drivers couldn't be disciplined for not complying with the CMs direction, one could get a target placed on them. However, I am willing to bet most centers are like mine, where we must scan misloads using the misload reporting option under "Communication", and then make service or sheet as missed. It's not like the driver will get in trouble for the misload, so why the grief?

Maybe in past times fear of being sent to make service might scare some into silence, but today more emphasis is placed on cost-control rather than best service to customers, so to avoid excess high mileage and hours, they'd just tell you to sheet as missed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You clearly missed the point of my rant.

I think the point of your rant was understood....

But, it's not your position.... to decide if someone deserves what they make.

If the company has a problem with the other driver, it's their prerogative to deal with it. They run the business.

What really rubbed me the wrong way.... is your statement about "if you were the steward" you would be lackadaisical in representation.

Statements like that, serve no purpose.... other than to further the "divide" between Union brothers.

It's us (Union).... against them (company). Petty quibbling amongst Union members, is what the company wants.

The company doesn't provide the wages and benefits you receive.... out of the goodness of their heart. Ask a management person.

Everyone gets frustrated. Working for UPS has never been an easy job.

​A thread like this.... lets the company know.... they are winning.

​-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
Maybe in past times fear of being sent to make service might scare some into silence, but today more emphasis is placed on cost-control rather than best service to customers, so to avoid excess high mileage and hours, they'd just tell you to sheet as missed.

In my center, unless you have to run from one side of our service area to the other or it is a business and it is known that the driver will not make it when they are open, we are being told to run all misloads. That is why drivers do not send in the misload comm, they do not want to run a misload.

In my center, unless you have to run from one side of our service area to the other or it is a business and it is known that the driver will not make it when they are open, we are being told to run all misloads. That is why drivers do not send in the misload comm, they do not want to run a misload.

I just hit the missed button!...friend ..EM

Overpaid Union Thug

I think the point of your rant was understood....

But, it's not your position.... to decide if someone deserves what they make.

If the company has a problem with the other driver, it's their prerogative to deal with it. They run the business.

What really rubbed me the wrong way.... is your statement about "if you were the steward" you would be lackadaisical in representation.

Statements like that, serve no purpose.... other than to further the "divide" between Union brothers.

It's us (Union).... against them (company). Petty quibbling amongst Union members, is what the company wants.

The company doesn't provide the wages and benefits you receive.... out of the goodness of their heart. Ask a management person.

Everyone gets frustrated. Working for UPS has never been an easy job.

​A thread like this.... lets the company know.... they are winning.

​-Bug-

What? HUH?? Man, its almost like you are responding to someone else's post. LOL! Re-read my rant in a quiet room. Your reasons for having been "rubbed the wrong way" weren't even in my rant. You just misunderstood it. Big time! LOL! Which is why I won't be responding to any of them except for one because I'm sure if you would just re-read it in a quiet room without any preconceived ideas in your head then you'd end up sitting back in your chair and be like......OOOHHHH YEAH! Now I see what he means. The one thing I wanted to respond to was what you said about being "lackadaisical". That is absurd. I never said that. In fact, I clearly stated that I'd make sure that they got their due process. What else is their to do? Enough said.

giggity

and what about all of the DFU'S you have to deal with after coming back from a day or week off b/c the cover driver is too lazy to deliver correctly. just LOVE those!!!

didyousheetit

So how is ORION supposed to take into account misloads? Save all those miles using their new system only to have to run off a misload 20 miles away.

DERP!
Hence, the problem of technology and human's not meshing. Too bad we can't just go back to training drivers how to use common sense along with the technology. I know it's a fairytale