RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is a Supreme Court case, either 1972 or 1974, that says you can not be granted an religious accommodation if you are violating a Union Contract. You may be in violation of seniority regarding the assignment of additional work/overtime if the work is moved to a senior person. I'll look for the case and get it for you. One of the guys in my Local tried to use it to get off every wednesday for bible study (or something) and was denied because it violated all senior drivers ability to get personal holidays or vacation. The guy had to choose to quit or accept that.
Of the fact that Wednesday has no religious qualities about it and that bible study could be held any day of the week should be enough to deny.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you know any Jewish hourlies?

I don't
Depends if we go to Saturday delivery.

15E7F7E5-BC03-4362-A508-584C1615D4AB.jpeg

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Of the fact that Wednesday has no religious qualities about it and that bible study could be held any day of the week should be enough to deny.

It has no significance to you but may to others. The sabbath for some is Saturday instead of Sunday. There are specific holidays for some that are not held by all (ie....Jewish Yom Kippur, Christians Christmas, etc.) The courts rule that each religion is treated seperate from the others. Some muslims believe that they have to be done at a certain time for prayers. Some jewish persons believe they have to be done by sundown on days before a holiday. Jehovah Witnesses have there own special beliefs with days. That case spells out how to handle each of these in a Union environment