RAP Religious Accommodation Process,anyone used it?

born2Bwild

wondering if anyone has used it and to what results. Just looking for one day in the week of 20% reduction in stop count so I can be at the church. Realizing the nature of this work I know There will be times this will not be possible. I could use 8rs request but it’s only twice a month. Looking to hear from anyone who used this option and what was the management and Human Resource response. Thanks

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
wondering if anyone has used it and to what results. Just looking for one day in the week of 20% reduction in stop count so I can be at the church. Realizing the nature of this work I know There will be times this will not be possible. I could use 8rs request but it’s only twice a month. Looking to hear from anyone who used this option and what was the management and Human Resource response. Thanks
Church is on Sunday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Gonna have to grow a beard and wear a turban for this to work

P

pickup

Tuff luck puck, UPoSsessed.
U oppressed
You ain’t goin’ to church
Dress for success
And get those packages off
And don’t make no mess.

El Correcto

god is dead
That would decrease workplace efficiency and cause other employees to take a burden of dangerous labor. UPS could easily fight you over that in my opinion. They aren’t discriminating against you by treating you like everyone else.

LarryBird

Going to church once a week should be sufficient to get you into heaven. Pretty sure God doesn't give extra credit for Christian activity meetings.
What the heck is Christian activity meeting?

Can't you arrive late, after work?
It sounds like a church get together where they have 'wholesome fun' that the lord would approve of and/or hunt for future post-marriage trim.

Bro, you seriously looking for a 20% reduction in work once a week for party?!! No pun intended, but don't try to 'church it up' calling it a Christian activity meeting, it's a mixer at your church. Play games and drink coffee with the congregation on your own time. GET THE :censored2: OUTTA HERE WITH THAT :censored2:!

(Actually even though it's totally not Christian-like, I lied - that pun was definitely intentional. Lucky for me, I'm an atheist and give no :censored2:s about being christian-like. Whew, thank non-existent God!)

LarryBird

I thought this was gonna be about having a beard when I clicked on the thread.

Definitely did not see this one coming.

Now I've heard it all. 20% stop reduction, 20% of the work week, for a party at church. That's rich.

Unreal. You can't even make something like this up.

DriverNerd

You could always try talking to your management team. Depends on the situation of course, but if you use your 2 8hr requests then you're only asking for 2 shorter days. Some times management would be willing to help or let you help yourself if your fellow drivers are willing to take more work - transfer a few stops or pickups to another. I know in my hub we're generally pretty good about getting off an hour early for an event (as long as weather or heavy dispatch days aren't affecting things). Just don't tell them last minute.

Sometimes our management team will make us do all the work (which is acceptable) ie. finding a driver to take the work, transfering to said driver, calling in to the center and telling them which pickup has to be transfered and to whom.

If you don't have management that works with you, well, you're screwed.