Rate Your Center Manager

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
From 1 - 10 with one being the worst to 10 being the best.

My center manager gets a "1".

And for the record, I have around 10 or so other managers who have worked at my center for comparison.

I've never worked with one who has been more blatantly dishonest and disrespectful than our current one.

How would you rate your center manager and how long has he/she been at your center?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
10 years ago mine was like an 8. Now he’s like a 3.

Somewhere along the way he started getting off on having the power that he could tell people what to do. Been downhill ever since.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
No center manager should be rated above a 3 with 100 being the highest mark. They are puppeteers for corporate stooges that sell stock, not deliver packages and are incapable of making a valid decision as they don’t actually have the green light to do so. If you have one that is a three he will try to be compassionate about how terrible the job is. A zero to one rating is the center manager that takes advantage of his/her union workforce by excessive discipline and firings when they aren’t warranted, knowing full well that most terminations won’t stick, but doing so to cause strife in other peoples lives just because he can and his wife is sleeping with a drug dealer Or maybe they are lesbian that took 30 years to get promoted and now has huge legs and their partner left them because they have a short grey haircut.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
For the last year, ours was a 1. Warning Letter station with a line of drivers every single day getting BS discipline. Bricked out package cars and then the next day you would be called into the office and accused of stealing time and termination/3 day ride alongs. Pure harassment and intimidation. She didn’t last long. For the last 2 months I honestly would give the new guy a 5. Changed overnight.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS has been pushing out the intimidating center managers it’s actually nice to see. Our one center manager got locked up few years back. Our manager of 6 years get a 10. No warning letters last 6 years. WE ARE FAMILY HERE
🧔✊

BigGuy2732

UPS has been pushing out the intimidating center managers it’s actually nice to see. Our one center manager got locked up few years back. Our manager of 6 years get a 10. No warning letters last 6 years. WE ARE FAMILY HERE
🧔✊
They become Center Managers for one reason and one reason alone, they simply could NEVER become RPCD's.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had probably 10 different center managers over my career. I wouldn’t rate any of them over a 3 with female one coming in at a minus 10

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
current? 9.....it just figures he came in just as I was ready to retire. He is what every center manager should be.
previous 8.5..... pretty good but too much by the book
previous 6......never saw him or he never did anything
previous 4.....terrible. loved the power. was always right
previous 3... worse human being I ever met. in the old days he would have been taken "out"
first one 7.5.... pretty good. a little hot headed but fair

most of the ol timers used to council the younger guys and just say bide your time , he''ll be gone soon enough which was true.

this is in a 22.5 year period.

542thruNthru

We had a center manager quit last week. Just left his badge, laptop and everything else UPS on his desk and walked out. He couldn't handle the mean conference calls is what I heard. Lol

trickpony1

We had a center manager quit last week. Just left his badge, laptop and everything else UPS on his desk and walked out. He couldn't handle the mean conference calls is what I heard. Lol
Many years ago a center manager at one of our podunk extended centers recorded a conference call.
He then sent the tape and a letter to Atlanta saying, "I'm quitting and here's why I'm quitting.".
I heard Atlanta contacted him asking him not to quit.
I never heard what happened after that.

Historically helping.