re attempting intl,s

currahee

Lately in our center there has been a big push about re attempting intl's . If you have an exception ie ( nsn , nss , or such) we have to call center.
I dont know if this is local or company wide . Has anyone had these pcm's lately?

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I had one the other day... They wanted me to go by for the 3rd time! I call the center manager the 3rd time and he asked if there was a neighbor that I could take it to? (College Town--Apartment complex). I told him there was no one else around. Not comfortable leaving packages at other peoples apartments!

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
i saw a thing for the part timers driving on saturday that they could pick up an intl on saturday but it would not be processed till monday. never knew what that meant

Babagounj

Strength through joy
i saw a thing for the part timers driving on saturday that they could pick up an intl on saturday but it would not be processed till monday. never knew what that meant

Yes sat drivers have for sometime now been picking up internationals, and yes they will not be shipped out until Monday evening. Because there are no clerks working to process these pickups until Monday evenings.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told that the revenue from an international package is roughly equal to that generated by 55-60 ground pkgs so it is easy to see why there is a big push on this product, both on the pickup and delivery ends of the spectrum.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The first Saturday I worked ( years before our current Sat. system ) was to make service on internationals. Back then it was all residentals from Japan.

FAVREFAN

Makes since then!
Let me introduce you to the real numbers.......
Average Revenue Per Piece:
U.S. Domestic Package:
Next Day Air $ 20.94 $ 21.14 $(0.20) -0.9%
Deferred 13.69 13.63 0.06 0.4%
Ground 7.14 6.94 0.20 2.9%
Total U.S. Domestic Package 8.87 8.73 0.14 1.6%
International Package:
Domestic 7.63 6.96 0.67 9.6%
Export 39.05 37.60 1.45 3.9%
Total International Package 20.26 18.70 1.56 8.3%
Consolidated $ 10.24 $ 9.88 $ 0.36 3.6%

Total Intern. Rev per piece for 2007 was $20.26. Total us domestic Rev. per piece was $8.87. $7.14 per piece for ground only. Peace out.:happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Favre, I was simply repeating the figures that were given to us at our PCM by both our center manager and sales exec. who told us that each international pkg is roughly equal to 55-60 ground pkgs. I did not take the time to research this but thank you for doing so, although your figures seem a bit high to me. Net revenue would be a more accurate figure--do you have access to those figures?

FAVREFAN

Favre, I was simply repeating the figures that were given to us at our PCM by both our center manager and sales exec. who told us that each international pkg is roughly equal to 55-60 ground pkgs. I did not take the time to research this but thank you for doing so, although your figures seem a bit high to me. Net revenue would be a more accurate figure--do you have access to those figures?
They aren't "my numbers". They are "the numbers". Change them whatever way you'd like to make them more comfortable for yourself. lol. Sorry, j/k. I'll dig it up for you.

FAVREFAN

Favre, thank you for the link. I was having a hard time falling asleep and that did the trick!! Wow, that was some dry material!!
Yeah it is. Just wanted to show you the truth. UPS management spews so much misinformation it's unbelievable. You would think with as much stock interest they have in the company that they would know the numbers inside and out. Tie is the only person in management that has brain power. Where is that Tieguy anyways?