Re-hire???

MtroSth76

Just a quick question for all you brown guys out there… How long does it take for a hub to decide if you will be called back if you're a seasonal employee? Just curious. Thanks.

MtroSth76

Thanks. Guess the response I'm looking for is more along the path of : is there a specific time frame that it takes to decide "who" is going to be called back and how long is that usually? A few days, weeks? Is every facility different? You see what I'm getting at?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Every facility is different.
image.gif

Genesis2

Hello I am waiting to see if my hub will hire me permanently.I was hired during peak Dec 3 and this week here I haven't worked one day. I am calling every morning checking to see if I'm needed to work. Jan 16 is the last day of peak at our hub.

MtroSth76

Thanks. Same to you. I worked 2 days last week and was hoping for more, but nothing. Today I was told "It's over." Bring in your uniforms when you can and we will let you know what happens from this point. Should I just put all my uniforms in a bag and take them there? If I get called back in for next season, will I have to re-order more again?

Genesis2

I worked four days last week. I called back again to about 2hrs ago and I was told our start time and to come in so I will keep you posted on the outcome. Turn in the uniform and keep calling everyday to see if you are needed. Good luck!

Genesis2

I only worked in the early morning shift... Like those crazy start times at 10,11 at night until the next morning and 12,1,2 am shifts since my first day! I have heard that another cut off date for us Jan 15 but I hope to be working this upcoming Monday Jan 18 too. That could be the start of day 1towards my 30 days. The Holy Spirit is walking with me through this process and some senior staff like my work ethics.. I'm thankful that I haven't be late nor called in. God is good. The power of prayer is helpful!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I only worked in the early morning shift... Like those crazy start times at 10,11 at night until the next morning and 12,1,2 am shifts since my first day! I have heard that another cut off date for us Jan 15 but I hope to be working this upcoming Monday Jan 18 too. That could be the start of day 1towards my 30 days. The Holy Spirit is walking with me through this process and some senior staff like my work ethics.. I'm thankful that I haven't be late nor called in. God is good. The power of prayer is helpful!
Maybe the spirit can help out my loader? He sucks!

AlphaMikeBravo

In our hub, if the boss approaches you on the last day of peak your in, otherwise he instructs the part time supes to tell everyone else "We will give you a call". If the latter happens then consider yourself let go cause they're not calling!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Nobody on this board knows if ups is going to hire you full time or not. Once you get in your going to know why most of us are grumpy.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just a quick question for all you brown guys out there… How long does it take for a hub to decide if you will be called back if you're a seasonal employee? Just curious. Thanks.

Congrats to you! I hope I get on too with Ups!

Good luck to both of you, hope they keep you on. This might not work for everyone but what I did was show up everyday wearing browns since 2008. They finally let me drive the brown trucks. I suppose I should talk to someone though since I haven't gotten paid yet but I hear my retro check will be astronomical!

Again, good luck to you both, hope UPS keeps you on!