Read the customer comments, they are better than the video!!!

vantexan

Notice how FedEx pointed out that the driver was employed by an independent contractor? Well of course he was, it's FedEx Ground! But most of the public doesn't know that. Gives them a way to shift blame. We'll give you crappy pay and no benefits, and if you make a customer mad we'll point out you're not an employee of FedEx as if that makes it at least understandable. What do you expect from such people? He shouldn't have thrown the pkg, but is probably P.O.ed with how hard he works for low pay and no benefits. But then, what can he expect from such people?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well FedEx gets what they pay for.....disgruntled "employees" working for ****** wages while the Memphis cats roll cigars with $100 dollar bills.

This is a very good example of this whole independent conctractor scam blowing up in their faces and the situation will only get worse unless something is done to improve pay and working conditions.

Granted, the driver should not have thrown the package, but this form of rebellion is not surprising.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you know how many times I've wanted to do that???!! LMAO!! I think it was awesome, too bad he got caught.

There's a famous one on YouTube of a UPS driver throwing an envelope all the way from the street. The truck hasn't even stopped moving, and he tosses it like a Frisbee from his truck, really hard and fast. He also looks pretty pissed.
If you were really good, you could hit the center of the door, which could double as a "knock". If you were to draw a face on the package, it would also serve as quality time with the customer.

P1 Lates

Well, come on. Who hasn't done that? Home survelliance cameras, now more people got them because of how prices have fallen. If there is a loose dog between you and the front door, I've let it fly many times (if it fits in the palm of my hand). For release shipments its drop and go this time of year.

bbsam

Staff member
Complete white out. Blinded by my own magnificent brilliance and awesomeness (there is no charge for awesomeness).:happy-very:

FedExer267

I am sure if Upstate made what Ground and HD drivers made he would have less pride if any in his job. But he will never know untill he works there. Now I am not saying what the driver did is ok but how can you have pride in a company that tells everyone you are not an employee if something goes wrong. They won't even make us employees but they expect us to quack like a duck. After awhile I can see it getting to more and more drivers which would explain why its getting harder and harder to find drivers for routes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am sure if Upstate made what Ground and HD drivers made he would have less pride if any in his job. But he will never know untill he works there. Now I am not saying what the driver did is ok but how can you have pride in a company that tells everyone you are not an employee if something goes wrong. They won't even make us employees but they expect us to quack like a duck. After awhile I can see it getting to more and more drivers which would explain why its getting harder and harder to find drivers for routes.

I worked 12 hour shifts in a Christmas bulb factory making minimum wage in the summer while going to college. I went in and worked hard for all 12 hours, doing the best that I could. I served 8 years in the military in which I never made more than $20K per year yet I served with pride and dignity.

Would I feel as motivated if I were making $10/hr with no benefits? Of course not but I would still do the job to the best of my ability as that is the one useful thing that my father passed on to me--my work ethic.

vantexan

I worked 12 hour shifts in a Christmas bulb factory making minimum wage in the summer while going to college. I went in and worked hard for all 12 hours, doing the best that I could. I served 8 years in the military in which I never made more than $20K per year yet I served with pride and dignity. Would I feel as motivated if I were making $10/hr with no benefits? Of course not but I would still do the job to the best of my ability as that is the one useful thing that my father passed on to me--my work ethic.
First it isn't the same comparing what you made as a college kid with a parent trying to support his family. Second I was in the Air Force. Paid room and board and medical in addition to the pay. Again not the same.

I worked 35 hrs a week during the summer in the Florida sun pulling weeds in a very large plant nursery for $1.00hr when I was 12. Went home every day soaked and totally filthy. As I was the only one of four who came back the next summer I asked for $1.50hr. Pointed out I could do the work of any two of them so he was getting a good deal. He paid it. My dad beat me if I didn't work hard. Won't do that to my kids but to this day if I slack off for a second I think of dear old dad. I sure don't do it for FedEx. I never expected FedEx to pay me like you Upstate but I never believed when I came back 13 years ago that it would turn out the way it has. No, he shouldn't have thrown that pkg, but I can understand where he's coming from, and I have it better than he does.

Last edited: