VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
So, you've been told you should look into being a supervisor, huh?
That you're doing SUCH a good job, they want to promote you?
You'll make more money, get more hours, health insurance, AND you won't have to load trucks anymore?
I bet you're still in your 30 days,or you just qualified, so more hours and not having to wait for insurance sounds pretty tempting. Plus the sups here are really nice, and they seem happy.

LIESSSssssss

DON'T DO IT KID. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY HOURLY! LIFE IS PAIN!
If you love yourself in any way, do NOT go into management. Even if you hate yourself, don't do it!
If you don't meet their ridiculous numbers they yell at you and threaten your job, you'll never meet the numbers. And they don't care why, because EVERYTHING is your fault. If the air is late then you should have been flying the plane instead. Someone call in sick? You shouldn't have hired someone allergic to germs. They told me once after a tornado that I should have called God and had it rescheduled for Sunday.
Your PPH is off? They beat you. Misloads? They whip you for each one, so you better hope you're not put on a boxline, like I am. Man I don't even wanna know what they do to my boss, and his boss has been missing for a week.

Alright, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but management sucks. For real. If you don't believe me, then read the responses to this post.

Box Ox

You'll make more money, get more hours, health insurance, AND you won't have to load trucks anymore?
I bet you're still in your 30 days,or you just qualified, so more hours and not having to wait for insurance sounds pretty tempting. Plus the sups here are really nice, and they seem happy.

LIESSSssssss

If you love yourself in any way, do NOT go into management. Even if you hate yourself, don't do it!
If you don't meet their ridiculous numbers they yell at you and threaten your job, you'll never meet the numbers. And they don't care why, because EVERYTHING is your fault. If the air is late then you should have been flying the plane instead. Someone call in sick? You shouldn't have hired someone allergic to germs. They told me once after a tornado that I should have called God and had it rescheduled for Sunday.
Your PPH is off? They beat you. Misloads? They whip you for each one, so you better hope you're not put on a boxline, like I am. Man I don't even wanna know what they do to my boss, and his boss has been missing for a week.

Alright, I might be exaggerating a little bit, but management sucks. For real. If you don't believe me, then read the responses to this post.

I couldn’t live under the kind of fear members of management clearly have of each other. I’d rather be subject to 1,000 :censored2: contracts than lose my soul wondering who’s about to take a big fat dump on who as we all sit there miserable in the office every day.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

LIESSSssssss

UPS management is not for everyone.

CanOSup

One of them

LIESSSssssss

Quite an exaggerated version but as I former On road he’s right.

Only thing I would say is I also saw a lot of unhappy hourly employees. Life is too short to be unhappy your entire career. UPS is a soul sucking establishment. If you don’t like it, run for the damn hills. Plenty of opportunities out there

Here, Amazon pays $15/hr with immediate benefits, pto, vacation, and in some places a sign on bonus. Most part timers don't expect to work longer than a few months or 1-2 years at UPS.

Can you really blame them for taking $18.75 FedEx Driver, $15 amazon warehouse and $15 FedEx sort? Higher pay DoE. Of course there's no union, but a large amount of new PT aren't using it here anyway despite a strong local.

Maybe UPS should take note. They're the only shippers/warehouses in town with staffing problems.

Smashmouth

Quite an exaggerated version but as I former On road he’s right.

Only thing I would say is I also saw a lot of unhappy hourly employees. Life is too short to be unhappy your entire career. UPS is a soul sucking establishment. If you don’t like it, run for the damn hills. Plenty of opportunities out there

So, did you do your time and retire?...or have enough and move on?...where did you end up?...just curious!

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Immediate benefits yes but you can get fired at any point of their choosing unlike UPS where integrity and a accident will only get you fired.

At the end the day, do what feel is best. Still would take UPS over Amazon and FedEx from my own research.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Sorry guys, just been a tough week for me and the other sups at my building.
Our numbers are low enough to get corporates attention so upper management has been bigger jerks than normal. For the life of me I can't understand why UPS hasn't figured out by now that threatening someones job isn't the solution to a problem.

Oh, and it's she, not he. With the amount of complaining I do on here, you guys haven't realized i'm a woman yet?

Indecisi0n

Sorry guys, just been a tough week for me and the other sups at my building.
Our numbers are low enough to get corporates attention so upper management has been bigger jerks than normal. For the life of me I can't understand why UPS hasn't figured out by now that threatening someones job isn't the solution to a problem.

Oh, and it's she, not he. With the amount of complaining I do on here, you guys haven't realized i'm a woman yet?
Women need to be verified here. Send me a sexy selfie. It's cool because im a mod.

watdaflock?

If UPS is just resume filler while going to college, no doubt consider a management position.

If UPS is possibly a career job which will last until retirement, don't go management.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Nice try, but I'm not falling for that "It's cool because i'm a mod" trick again.
Unfortunately, UPS FT management is, and has always been as I know much like a UFC fighter. On an fight interview they may praise God, Mom & the U.S.A.... however their real personality is very angry & tormented. Around Y2K as preload swept the nation and package drivers no longer loaded their own cars and 1/2 of a late start neighbor car. UPS had to hire bosses for these preloads & inside for phones, technology advancements. These PT supervisors are just kids and really don't have that UFC mentality.

You sound like a caring young lady and I believe we all know what you're saying but the culture in management at UPS is not changing. Never has as long as I know. One thing it sounds like is you don't have a lot of chips on the table to be forced to hang in there just 12 more years or whatever. So, I would recommend to use this opportunity as a leader to venture out of UPS and find another career you'd be happy in.

It's not like you're staying for the cash, right? You get what 27-hours guaranteed a week but no more, no stock, between $25-30k. You can find that about anywhere and even more...plus, a sense of pride and when you get your ass chewed you know it's not UFC people... it's a legitimate reason.

Look elsewhere. Be happy & quit screwing all the horny drivers. :)

Last edited by a moderator: