Reading Between The Lines on the SFA

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I haven't seen the video (Thank God), but apparently MT (Mentally 'Tarded)3 is reminding us that taking the SFA is optional. This is true, because it has always been your option to not take it, regardless of managers telling you the opposite.

Think about it. If Matt doesn't want you taking-it, that means you absolutely must take-it. Perhaps the SFA is a referendum on the reign of MT3, and if the corporate score sucks...he's gone (bye-bye, Matt). More likely, they are figuring that the fewer people who take it, the better they will score, which is a hoot because what you see on your station wall is a fabrication anyway.

Bottom line: If MT3 wants us to not take-it, we should take-it. Maybe the total, absolute Peak cluster has a fall guy, and maybe it's our favorite top exec, Mr. Happy Hands.

Eff you, Matt.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I haven't seen the video (Thank God), but apparently MT (Mentally 'Tarded)3 is reminding us that taking the SFA is optional. This is true, because it has always been your option to not take it, regardless of managers telling you the opposite.

Think about it. If Matt doesn't want you taking-it, that means you absolutely must take-it. Perhaps the SFA is a referendum on the reign of MT3, and if the corporate score sucks...he's gone (bye-bye, Matt). More likely, they are figuring that the fewer people who take it, the better they will score, which is a hoot because what you see on your station wall is a fabrication anyway.

Bottom line: If MT3 wants us to not take-it, we should take-it. Maybe the total, absolute Peak cluster has a fall guy, and maybe it's our favorite top exec, Mr. Happy Hands.

Eff you, Matt.

I think it's funny that you are now encouraging everyone to take the SFA this year. Last year you guys were all over me about taking the SFA. I have the best manager EVER this year. He will do very well. Everyone else and the company.... not so much.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think it's funny that you are now encouraging everyone to take the SFA this year. Last year you guys were all over me about taking the SFA. I have the best manager EVER this year. He will do very well. Everyone else and the company.... not so much.

I no longer take it, but because Matt says I don't have to, that's the evidence for me that says, take it, and slam them on everything. Like I said, read between the lines and think about why he would want you to have an out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I take it because that way they KNOW how I feel, period. That, and the fact that if I have a great manager, he/she deserves to be recognized, because they are too few and far between anymore. What they do with the results after that, is on them.

hypo hanna

My position is the same. Take it if you think it will help your manager. Just don't be under the impression that it benefits you in any way.

dezguy

The only reason not to take SFA is to screw over your manager. Every manager I've had has always told me SFA was optional but would ask if I would at least do questions 1-10.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Eff you, Matt.

This is the greatest post ever. Adjust the foil on your head.

hypo hanna

Try to keep-up Shill, or maybe you can ask Uncle Mattie in-person while you're shining his shoes tomorrow. Why the "optional" comment?
My guess is they got into some legal hot water last year. Maybe some hourly openly refused to take it and was fired.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Try to keep-up Shill, or maybe you can ask Uncle Mattie in-person while you're shining his shoes tomorrow. Why the "optional" comment?

It's him using reverse psychology to get you to take the SFA. Looks like it has potential!

What brand of foil do you wear on your head?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Actually it sends a message NOT to take it. We enjoy watching
the "clown show", when he comes around to remind you.

We only had 10 take it last time and he still only received a 72.

With most of the group taking it beforehand, he received a 66.

He still gets his bonus for skimming minutes; we don't get our 2%.

Go figure.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyhow, back to the SFA. .......

No matter what, they're going to post "results" that have little connection with reality anyway. Last year was probably much worse than what you saw on the station wall. Even if you have a good manager (rare), you still need to remember that they are part of Team Satan and not your buddy.

Goldilocks

The only reason not to take SFA is to screw over your manager. Every manager I've had has always told me SFA was optional but would ask if I would at least do questions 1-10.

1-10 is about your manager, 11-12 is about your senior and the rest upper management.