Real Leaders?

over9five

Staff member
While there may be some emotional satisfaction in seeing a member of management being required to "wait up" for me....as a practical matter I would much prefer the sup to go home, get a good nights sleep, get to work a few minutes early the next day, and fix whatever problem it was that caused me to be out late the night before.

You dont fix dispatch problems at 7:30 at night. You fix them at 6:30 in the morning.

I assume you were kidding. No matter what time they leave, nothing different will happen at 6:30 the next morning.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Supes should come in after we leave and leave before we get back. I'm usually aggravated after coming in contact with them anyway. When is the last time a PCM left you with a gung ho will to succeed feeling rather than being PO'd for the next 4 hours.

rod

Retired 22 years
Supes should come in after we leave and leave before we get back. I'm usually aggravated after coming in contact with them anyway. When is the last time a PCM left you with a gung ho will to succeed feeling rather than being PO'd for the next 4 hours.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner folks:wink2: I always liked it better when no management was there when I returned to the building. It made it much easier to take my own sweet friend-ing time punching out.

UPSSOCKS

I cannot even count how many PT sups have told me how much more money they'd be making now if they never went into management and stayed pt hourly. Not to mention all the PT sups that would have become drivers before me. I only know very few that don't regret the decision.

That's a false statement. Part Supervisors are far better off than part time hourly. Especially coming into this year. Part time union are going to take big hits this year in pay. I do agree that some of the part time sups could be driving package or feeder full time by now. They should regret that part of the deal. There is absolutely no reason to stay part time hourly without another income.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Keep that in mind when your Center Team is chuckling over how you really put the screws to so and so driver or how you could have ran another area or two but blamed it on the DM.:angry:
This is all true, in fact I've personally seen and witnessed supes rejoicing in the fact that they have screwed their driver for the day. I would be the first to say that we have bad drivers as well, but the difference is their actions have a in-direct effect on people. In contrast supes have direct control over their employees fate for the day.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Nor does being a center manager.
Look a the statistics, if you can find them.
Divorce, heart attack rates and termination of employment of center manager's, per capita, is far higher than the workers that you leave on the streets. They must work to get home safe to their families.

You're right, the center manager job is a very family un-friendly job if one isn't careful. NOBODY cares about our families (drivers or superiors). I shouldn't say that, I have a few drivers that will help when things get tough - Thank God for them. My operations manager could care less about my family though. This is clearly demonstrated by his actions. The on road sup job is just about as bad.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Rejoicing over someone else's misery is a pretty lousy thing to do in my opinion.

Out of everything Sober wrote in this thread, you single out of context this one sentence?
I think you need to go back and do some rereading if you're truely interested in the thoughts of this poster.

brownrod

That's a false statement. Part Supervisors are far better off than part time hourly. Especially coming into this year. Part time union are going to take big hits this year in pay. I do agree that some of the part time sups could be driving package or feeder full time by now. They should regret that part of the deal. There is absolutely no reason to stay part time hourly without another income.

In my day I knew PT sups that were at it long enough that their hourly wage would have caught and surpassed what they were making as pt sups. Remember back in some older contracts when pters got about 1$ in raises per year. I don't know much about the current crop of pt sups. I don't bother to even learn their names.

govols019

You smell that?
You're right, the center manager job is a very family un-friendly job if one isn't careful. NOBODY cares about our families (drivers or superiors). I shouldn't say that, I have a few drivers that will help when things get tough - Thank God for them. My operations manager could care less about my family though. This is clearly demonstrated by his actions. The on road sup job is just about as bad.

You should come to our center. Our center manager is the first one out the door everyday.

UPSSOCKS

In my day I knew PT sups that were at it long enough that their hourly wage would have caught and surpassed what they were making as pt sups. Remember back in some older contracts when pters got about 1$ in raises per year. I don't know much about the current crop of pt sups. I don't bother to even learn their names.

Well that's very true but a first year part time supervisor makes about the same as a 9 year union employee.....

Integrity

Binge Poster

Dear SignificantOwner,

I cares!!!

Sincerely,
I