Reasons for dismissal/discipline as a package car driver?

kmjs14

Besides the obvious reasons (drinking on the job, attendance, stealing, lying, etc, etc), can any driver on here tell me some other reasons a driver (who works his butt off everyday) can be disciplined, suspended, or terminated? I have read some posts on here with some drivers being either suspended for an accident (but didn't make book yet), or other drivers being harassed/suspended for seat belts/safety, etc. How about production or anything else?

Any feedback is appreciated!

DS

Fenderbender
IMO ups has no standard policy about how any given center deals with it.
If you are lucky,you get a center manager that is fair.If not they can do whatever they want.
They can discipline,suspend and terminate you for whatever they can dig up.
It's like a witch hunt where I am right now.Suspensions for guys calling for help all day
that have missed,accusations of impossible missed scans,fixing time cards.
All you can do is grieve it and hope that you have a better union than we do.

raceanoncr

Besides the obvious reasons (drinking on the job, attendance, stealing, lying, etc, etc), can any driver on here tell me some other reasons a driver (who works his butt off everyday) can be disciplined, suspended, or terminated? I have read some posts on here with some drivers being either suspended for an accident (but didn't make book yet), or other drivers being harassed/suspended for seat belts/safety, etc. How about production or anything else?

Any feedback is appreciated!

So what'd you do that yer a little nervous about?

kmjs14

So what'd you do that yer a little nervous about?

I'm a p/t package handler that is considering friend/t driving as a career option. I also have a possible law enforcement opportunity down the road. Just weighing my options. I like the day shift as opposed to rotating 24/7 shifts but job security is a plus.
In answer to your question...this post was geared towards drivers who come into work day in and out and perform their best, yet are still faced with discipline.

Don`t forget having sex in the back of your package car. it`s a sure fire way to get terminated. Especially if it`s with another person.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm a p/t package handler that is considering friend/t driving as a career option. I also have a possible law enforcement opportunity down the road. Just weighing my options. I like the day shift as opposed to rotating 24/7 shifts but job security is a plus.
In answer to your question...this post was geared towards drivers who come into work day in and out and perform their best, yet are still faced with discipline.

Not that many drivers that show up every day and perform their best are disciplined.