Reassigned?

5monthsstrong

I want to thank in advance any for any helpful responses.

Here is my situation:

I have been working for ups for about 5 months now as a sorter. like it. I've gotten used to the heavy lifting. Since being a new hire they always sending me to help out on other sorts (I'm from sort 4). Recently, I got sent to what people call the south side (sort3). All the colors there are reversed. I hated it there. The supervisor at the end of the day asked me if I liked my sort I said yes. She than precessed to tell me that she was looking for people to come to sort 3 ( which I have no idea why cause she has more than enough people). N then tells me if I ever wanted to get reassigned I can put in a request to my supervisor. I told her no that I'm good where I'm at. Come 2 days later they tell me I'm getting reassigned to sort 3.

I do not mind cause it does get crazy in that sort but I don't feel comfortable with some of the people there. Another supervisor told me that if I didn't want to get reassigned I didn't have to they can't force me. He told me to talk to on a higher up supervisor n if I didn't the response I was looking for I should go to a shop steward? I am just wondering if going through all that trouble will it work?

PT Car Washer

Here is my situation:

I have been working for ups for about 5 months now as a sorter. like it. I've gotten used to the heavy lifting. Since being a new hire they always sending me to help out on other sorts (I'm from sort 4). Recently, I got sent to what people call the south side (sort3). All the colors there are reversed. I hated it there. The supervisor at the end of the day asked me if I liked my sort I said yes. She than precessed to tell me that she was looking for people to come to sort 3 ( which I have no idea why cause she has more than enough people). N then tells me if I ever wanted to get reassigned I can put in a request to my supervisor. I told her no that I'm good where I'm at. Come 2 days later they tell me I'm getting reassigned to sort 3.

I do not mind cause it does get crazy in that sort but I don't feel comfortable with some of the people there. Another supervisor told me that if I didn't want to get reassigned I didn't have to they can't force me. He told me to talk to on a higher up supervisor n if I didn't the response I was looking for I should go to a shop steward? I am just wondering if going through all that trouble will it work?
Work as directed but I think they have to pull you off your sort by seniority. Of course with only 5 months in that could be you. Check with a Union steward or your Union Business Agent to be sure they are not just jerking you around because you do not know your rights under the contract. Whatever you do, do not refuse to work as directed. Work first and grieve later.

Indecisi0n

Tell them you have 5 months hard working seniority and that you demand respect and an easy gig. I mean after all the time you put in you deserve it.

Box Ox

I do not mind cause it does get crazy in that sort but I don't feel comfortable with some of the people there.

jordan-crying.jpg

5monthsstrong

Tell them you have 5 months hard working seniority and that you demand respect and an easy gig. I mean after all the time you put in you deserve it.

First of all if I wanted an easy gig I wouldn't be working at UPS. I like working there OK. I just prefer staying in the sort that I am already in. At the end of the day every sort is going to be work. I just didn't expect to be reassigned after I told her no when she asked me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First of all if I wanted an easy gig I wouldn't be working at UPS. I like working there OK. I just prefer staying in the sort that I am already in. At the end of the day every sort is going to be work. I just didn't expect to be reassigned after I told her no when she asked me.

As was mentioned above, with only 5 months seniority you have little to no say in the matter.

Work as directed.

Indecisi0n

Just doing really bad in your new sort.

AlphaMikeBravo

Here is my situation:

Having a significantly higher miss sort percentage on sort 3 might get you back to sort 4.