Received a seatbelt violation..

clean hairy

Ignorance of the board laws is not a plea. I like you, just a verbal warning.
Next time, you will be required to have a steward present, since the conversation may lead to disciniplary action....
I think you are a good person, so this one time i will not file a greivance to protest the verbal warning.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Got a seatbelt ticket driving home from work........ was going 10 over, thankfully let me go with seatbelt ticket only... was more than likely driving peak this year. Is that out of the question now? Medium sized hub
In the state of Ohio a seatbelt violation is NOT a moving violation and will not keep you from driving.
Done deal.
(Check with the ORC and print it off.)

barnyard

KTM rider
If you are paying the ticket, pay it. We had a PT guy that could not go driving because unpaid parking tickets resulted in a license revocation. He had to wait 3 years for the revocation to come off his record.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Got a seatbelt ticket driving home from work........ was going 10 over, thankfully let me go with seatbelt ticket only... was more than likely driving peak this year. Is that out of the question now? Medium sized hub
Isn't it crazy, I used to beg the folks to ride on the trunk deck against the cool back window of the LTD on road trips to nap and stay off the hot scratchy tore up vinyl bench seat. Today that would probably get my parents at least 12-months probation & a huge fine, maybe even a visit from social services. It was not a problem back then. Off to camp heading down the highway... 3-4 kids in the back of the pickup bed horsing around was a common sight. Yet, smoking a doob back then at a reat area could get you worse punishment than not buckling up today, maybe even jail time.

What I'm trying to say is you got a ticket In your personal vehicle and you will pay a fine. It will stay on your record and like stated your insurance will go up. That should be the end of it. That shouldn't count against you as going driver. Providing you have a clean record other than that. You hear it all the time. Almost daily where a person says. "I'm not perfect, I make mistakes too." Those words are often empty words. That's not really how folks feel anymore.

I knew drivers that went their entire careers without a DUI after work or the weekends. Not even pulled over, but if they got popped every time over .08 (or .05) when they drove home. They'd be spending the rest of their lives in prison. You got popped, you are owning it. I don't see you not buckling up behind the wheel again. End of story. Move on.

Last edited:

rocket man

Pay the fine pleadno contest. It will go away like it never happened

Poop Head

Judge me.
Isn't it crazy, I used to beg the folks to ride on the trunk deck against the cool back window of the LTD on road trips to nap and stay off the hot scratchy tore up vinyl bench seat. Today that would probably get my parents at least 12-months probation & a huge fine, maybe even a visit from social services. It was not a problem back then. Off to camp heading down the highway... 3-4 kids in the back of the pickup bed horsing around was a common sight. Yet, smoking a doob back then at a reat area could get you worse punishment than not buckling up today, maybe even jail time.

What I'm trying to say is you got a ticket In your personal vehicle and you will pay a fine. It will stay on your record and like stated your insurance will go up. That should be the end of it. That shouldn't count against you as going driver. Providing you have a clean record other than that. You hear it all the time. Almost daily where a person says. "I'm not perfect, I make mistakes too." Those words are often empty words. That's not really how folks feel anymore.

I knew drivers that went their entire careers without a DUI after work or the weekends. Not even pulled over, but if they got popped every time over .08 (or .05) when they drove home. They'd be spending the rest of their lives in prison. You got popped, you are owning it. I don't see you not buckling up behind the wheel again. End of story. Move on.
Ford LTD. Sweet car.