Recent Circle of Honor question

1080Driver

I and another driver in our center recently joined the Circle of Honor and in my eyes it was not a big event to our center manager. We were given small UPS backpacks and a UPS water bottle. From what I've heard it's up to the center manager to recognize the drivers. I know the days of the banquet dinner and the jacket are gone, but I'm wondering whats happened in other centers for their Circle of Honor drivers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Who cares what some maroon sitting behind a desk thinks? I would throw that crap that they gave you right in the trash.

You've earned the admiration of your brothers and sisters in brown.

Good luck the rest of the way.

I and another driver in our center recently joined the Circle of Honor and in my eyes it was not a big event to our center manager. We were given small UPS backpacks and a UPS water bottle. From what I've heard it's up to the center manager to recognize the drivers. I know the days of the banquet dinner and the jacket are gone, but I'm wondering whats happened in other centers for their Circle of Honor drivers.
We make a big deal over it. Not as nice as it used to be but still some recognition

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
image.jpeg

JackStraw

Banners with the drivers name and year they achieved 25 are hung in the rafters. They all got leather bomber jackets. They look like they're worth about $150. Some got a big presentation with all the high brass from Clarksville in attendance. Others just get a mention on a friday PCM.

CoolArrow

Circle of honor drivers have to recite all the dok in front of everyone or they will be taken off road until they are able to do so

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got a nice leather jacket and a sheet cake during a PCM in April. I wasn't told beforehand exactly when it would happen, so my family wasn't invited. Circle of Honor Plaque didn't have any kind of frame, a wood frame should be mandatory for them. The Center has a budget for these things, it's up to management to recognize their employees.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Our two latest had their certificates in a shadow box with some medallion, the patch and a letter of appreciation from our states governor.

These were set up on easels and they were called up to receive them by our center manager who was wearing his best suit that day.

Big whoop te doo at the PCM that day

And he helped them into their new leather bomber jackets

UPSGUY72

Not to lesson the accomplishments of the Circle of Honor drivers we all know they have accomplished a pretty incredible feet but they also had a lot of luck and a lot of close calls.

Anyways I don't know why anyone would care about being a Circle of Honor winner as you don't get a bonus when you retire for having 25 years of accident free driving.

DOK

Not to lesson the accomplishments of the Circle of Honor drivers we all know they have accomplished a pretty incredible feet but they also had a lot of luck and a lot of close calls.

Anyways I don't know why anyone would care about being a Circle of Honor winner as you don't get a bonus when you retire for having 25 years of accident free driving.

It's probably just about knowing you've accomplished the seemingly impossible.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I got a nice leather jacket and a sheet cake during a PCM in April. I wasn't told beforehand exactly when it would happen, so my family wasn't invited. Circle of Honor Plaque didn't have any kind of frame, a wood frame should be mandatory for them. The Center has a budget for these things, it's up to management to recognize their employees.
My children and wife are forbidden from ever stepping into a ups facility...I would honestly think my wife would go off on some manager...lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who cares what some maroon sitting behind a desk thinks? I would throw that crap that they gave you right in the trash.

You've earned the admiration of your brothers and sisters in brown.

Good luck the rest of the way.
Yep safe driving awards go right in the trash out by the fuel pumps no need to keep that cardboard crap

Whargoul

Our guys have a banner up in the rafters. I also noticed they got a small plaque on their PC that has their full name and then it says 25 years safe driving. Some also have patches and pins for the uniform. Not totally sure about the jacket but I think the last guy got one. They definitely will get a sheet cake - they find any excuse to bring a big ass sheet cake in, a bunch of fat bodies I tell ya. I don't eat that crap though.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Our guys have a banner up in the rafters. I also noticed they got a small plaque on their PC that has their full name and then it says 25 years safe driving. Some also have patches and pins for the uniform. Not totally sure about the jacket but I think the last guy got one. They definitely will get a sheet cake - they find any excuse to bring a big ass sheet cake in, a bunch of fat bodies I tell ya. I don't eat that crap though.
Yeah all of those fat ass mgrs who come down to pretend to be there for the drivers but just want a piece of cake or 4 pieces...

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If somebody wants my Century 21/Circle of Honor jacket, I'll make em a good deal on it. lol. I think I wore it twice. Back then, we weren't given a choice of a leather jacket. I did get some pretty good stuff before they suspended the program. A large air compressor, a 35mm camera, a lawn boy lawnmower are some that I can remember. With me it was accomplishing something that not everyone had. I ended up with 34 years. I wanted to make 35, but my body broke down. oh well.

rod

Retired 22 years
PCM . The Center has a budget for these things, it's up to management to recognize their employees.

Yes-- they have a budget but you have to remember, the farther they are under budget the more brownie points they get from their superiors.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Personal pride?